Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CFlex Cflex plus question
CFlex Cflex plus question
My Dream Station Pro machine is set on both Cflex plus and on Cflex 3. If I turn down my Cflex gradually say to 2 and turn my Cflex plus to ‘CFlex’, will AHI numbers be more likely to improve ? I am averaging around 5 AHI with the current settings ? I know there are some who don’t even use Cflex or EPR because it negatively affects numbers so I’ve read. I turned those features on initially upon starting therapy because I was having a hard time adjusting to the therapy and my body was overwhelmed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CFlex Cflex plus question
The answer to your question depends upon the makeup of the AHI.  Do you have mostly Hypopneas, Obstructives or Clear Airways?  

Note that using CFlex isn't near as effective as ResMed's EPR.  We don't normally recommend using a Flex setting on 3, so at least turn it down to 2, as you will probably be a little more comfortable.

In the meantime, download OSCAR, and start tracking your therapy.  You are not going to get any detailed data from DreamMapper.

If you want to post a screenshot here, follow the directions in the Chart Organization link below.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2021, 07:39 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The answer to your question depends upon the makeup of the AHI.  Do you have mostly Hypopneas, Obstructives or Clear Airways?  

Note that using CFlex isn't near as effective as ResMed's EPR.  We don't normally recommend using a Flex setting on 3, so at least turn it down to 2, as you will probably be a little more comfortable.

In the meantime, download OSCAR, and start tracking your therapy.  You are not going to get any detailed data from DreamMapper.

If you want to post a screenshot here, follow the directions in the Chart Organization link below.

Clear Airway was 4
Obstructive Airway was 32
Hpopneas were 5
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of questions.
Are 5he numbers counts or index (counts per hour). If counts per night low long did you sleep?
From your sleep test? Which one? Diagnostic (without CPAP) or Titration, where they figured out your pressures?
Or from your machine?

You could have anything from server sleep apnea to fairly mild apnea depending on the answers. This the request to post your OSCAR charts as that will remove all the ambiguity.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2021, 08:28 AM)Gideon Wrote: Lots of questions.
Are 5he numbers counts or index (counts per hour). If counts per night low long did you sleep?
From your sleep test? Which one? Diagnostic (without CPAP) or Titration, where they figured out your pressures?
Or from your machine?

You could have anything from server sleep apnea to fairly mild apnea depending on the answers.   This the request to post your OSCAR charts as that will remove all the ambiguity.

Thanks
How do you specifically turn off the VS2 ? 
Under Events I see VS2, but that’s it. I finally have Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
Just uncheck the box next to VS2 on the lower left of the graphs and it won't graph. You can restore it anytime, but it's not very useful and clutters the graphs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unchecked vs2 and Snore 

Dumb question here but I used f 12 as requested (I have a screen shot button on my laptop) and i can’t find it in Pictures. I want to do this right :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
When you use the F12 button it asks where you want to store the pic.  See where it is stored or pick another directory. I save all of mine to a dir on my computer desktop. I have to many pic in my pic dir.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2021, 09:46 AM)staceyburke Wrote: When you use the F12 button it asks where you want to store the pic.  See where it is stored or pick another directory. I save all of mine to a dir on my computer desktop. I have to many pic in my pic dir.

Thanks 
I have an HP. When I select Ruth f12 or print screen nothing happens and nothing is in my pictures or screen shot folders :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
Print Screen places the complete screen image in the clipboard memory.  You have to paste this image into an image program to see it.  The F12 function saves the OSCAR screen only and places it in a file.

Also, to avoid confusion, you can set the default screenshot location to your OSCAR_Data folder by going to, File > Preferences > General tab > General Settings and check the option, Always save screenshots in the OSCAR Data folder.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does EPR/CFlex change Flow Rate shape or I:E ratio? KeepSmiling 4 735 11-02-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Aflex or Cflex? zzz1 2 1,813 02-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Last Post: zzz1
  Dreamstation: AFLEX vs CFLEX Kyteflyer 9 9,474 01-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Remstar Cflex 1005961 Melman 6 1,684 12-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
Question [Symptoms] Triggers asthma everytime I try CPAP machine. Wondering if Alex or cflex+ would help Schtweety 15 2,797 06-22-2018, 02:54 AM
Last Post: yrnkrn
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,448 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Equipment] Old CFlex Remstar Plus Manual needed Skillful 5 1,615 05-19-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.