Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CFlex Cflex plus question
RE: CFlex Cflex plus question
Here is my first ever Oscar attachment from last night after downloading and reading instructions. I'm sure there will be issues with how you all want it to be viewed. Comments are welcome from what you guys see(or cant see) from this attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Setup needs to have the left panel to show the AHI and settings.

The main problem I see is what is called positional apnea. What is it? Positional apnea is when you cut off your own airway by the position you are sleeping. Most likely chin tucking. That is when the chin drops to your Sternum cutting off your own airway.

The is no pressure changes that can help, only finding out the position and not getting into that position.

Sometimes it is as simple as not sleeping on your back or changing pillows to flatter ones

If a simple fix doesn’t work then a collar many times solves it. I have a link at the bottom of the post for collars. In that link it shows the dramatic changes between the same person without and with a collar.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. I’ll have to figure out how to show the left panel. As far as position , I sleep in my side with a fat pillow. I ordered a collar and I’ll need a flatter pillow it looks like

My AHI was 5.31. 
Anything else to be concerned about?
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m on an iPhone so I can’t check this but I believe it is under view to get the left side correct. The rest of the charts look ok, no real problems. 

Again I can not see your settings in the left column but it appears you are on straight Cpap (not autopap)  I was wondering why?  Was it to keep centrals down or have you tried auto?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2021, 10:50 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I’m on an iPhone so I can’t check this but I believe it is under view to get the left side correct. The rest of the charts look ok, no real problems. 

Again I can not see your settings in the left column but it appears you are on straight Cpap (not autopap)  I was wondering why?  Was it to keep centrals down or have you tried auto?

I haven’t tried Auto. My numbers have been pretty good so I haven’t altered it yet. 
I sleep at a slight incline (maybe 4 inches ) too.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason many people use auto is the exhale pressure is less and is mainly for comfort but it sometimes causes more centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my numbers including AHI etc...

Any comments welcome!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes your problem area has nothing to do with pressures. You have positional apnea. Positional apnea is when you cut off your own airway by the position you are sleeping in. It happens when you chin tuck - dropping your chin down to your Sternum. You have to find out why you are doing that and stop getting into that position. 

Sometimes it is as simple as sleeping on your back or to high of a pillow. 

If that doesn’t work check my link to collars at the bottom of the post
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be as mentioned, a positional Apnea issue. If you sleep only on your side, to maintain comfort, your pillow should be able to fill the space above your shoulder. Stand at a wall at your side and standing straight with head up measure that space between wall and the side of your head. Whatever x inches that is, that's what your pillow thickness needs to be or very slightly less.

Another possibility on the pillow is to look at My Pillow or a buckwheat hull filled one. These can be shaped and adjusted somewhat.

Last one, had you edited Flex down to 2? Quite a few Respironics users say Flex 3 is disrupting. You might try it to regain some comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is all great information. Yes, I moved the flex to 2 instead of 3. There is another C Flex option window in the menu to select Cflex or C Flex Plus. I have the CFlex Plus off and it’s selected to have ‘C flex’ then in the other window option it had your c flex number which I chose 2. Am I correct for in all this? I don’t want to have this wrong
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does EPR/CFlex change Flow Rate shape or I:E ratio? KeepSmiling 4 710 11-02-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Aflex or Cflex? zzz1 2 1,792 02-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Last Post: zzz1
  Dreamstation: AFLEX vs CFLEX Kyteflyer 9 9,332 01-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Remstar Cflex 1005961 Melman 6 1,664 12-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
Question [Symptoms] Triggers asthma everytime I try CPAP machine. Wondering if Alex or cflex+ would help Schtweety 15 2,736 06-22-2018, 02:54 AM
Last Post: yrnkrn
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,422 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Equipment] Old CFlex Remstar Plus Manual needed Skillful 5 1,596 05-19-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.