Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CFlex Cflex plus question
RE: CFlex Cflex plus question
There is no wrong the flex settings are different for different people. I suggested a change because you said you had been waking up for no real reason (in your 1st post). I wanted you to try less flex and see if that helped.

Flex is a comfort setting more than a therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2021, 01:15 PM)staceyburke Wrote: There is no wrong the flex settings are different for different people. I suggested a change because you said you had been waking up for no real reason (in your 1st post). I wanted you to try less flex and see if that helped.

Flex is a comfort setting more than a therapy.

Yes ?? 
I was just confused on the Dream Pro because it has 2 menus for Flex. 
On the CFlex plus I have that off. On the CFlex , I have it set to 2 per recommendation. 
I just didn’t know why there are 2 different menus for C Flex . The first had an option of C Flex Plus on or off. The 2nd one had your C Flex numbers 1,2,3
Post Reply Post Reply
They are comfort settings. As far as CFlex or CFlex plus, you might want to try both and see how each one feels, but whichever you choose, try a setting of 2.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Thank you ! 
Sorry for the question marks 
Those are supposed to be !!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. I’ll have to figure out how to show the left panel. As far as position , I sleep in my side with a fat pillow. I ordered a collar and I’ll need a flatter pillow it looks like

My AHI was 5.31. 
Anything else to be concerned about?
Post Reply Post Reply
Use this guide to set up your chart:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Thank you so much !
I was able to post the last chart the way it is preferred. We are set!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2021, 01:33 PM)Rice95 Wrote: I was just confused on the Dream Pro because it has 2 menus for Flex. 
On the CFlex plus I have that off. On the CFlex , I have it set to 2 per recommendation. 
I just didn’t know why there are 2 different menus for C Flex . The first had an option of C Flex Plus on or off. The 2nd one had your C Flex numbers 1,2,3

Mine is the same way.  I've finally interpreted it as:
1st Flex menu - Do you want exhale support off?, OR do you want C flex, OR do you want A flex?

2nd Flex menu - IF you were to have flex on, which number would you like?

I think that's weird, for sure.

I personally can't use the exhale support because it messes with my ears (my ears are extremely sensitive to pressure changes).  So my 1st Flex menu says Off. And my 2nd Flex menu says 1 (not that it matters, since it is Off).

I was just looking at the Ramp menus, and it's the same thing. If the 1st Ramp menu is set to 0, then the 2nd Ramp menu is irrelevant even though a number must be selected.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for understanding! :-0
It was hard explaining that in all my posts and replies. I have my first one on C Flex and my second on  2.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does EPR/CFlex change Flow Rate shape or I:E ratio? KeepSmiling 4 712 11-02-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Aflex or Cflex? zzz1 2 1,794 02-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Last Post: zzz1
  Dreamstation: AFLEX vs CFLEX Kyteflyer 9 9,338 01-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Remstar Cflex 1005961 Melman 6 1,664 12-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
Question [Symptoms] Triggers asthma everytime I try CPAP machine. Wondering if Alex or cflex+ would help Schtweety 15 2,738 06-22-2018, 02:54 AM
Last Post: yrnkrn
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,425 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Equipment] Old CFlex Remstar Plus Manual needed Skillful 5 1,601 05-19-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.