Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CHANGING MACHINES - SD CARD
Question 
CHANGING MACHINES - SD CARD
Does anyone know offhand if changing out a ResMed A10 AutoSense AutoSet machine for exactly the same machine with a different ID and serial number will wipe out the data from my malfunctioning (cellular phone card) system?

Of course, I will backup my original card and insert a duplicate, but I was wondering if it keeps both sets of data since I will be essentially starting over with both summary (190+) and detailed (30) data?

Thanks.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CHANGING MACHINES - SD CARD
Are you asking about data on the SD card or on My Air?
Inserting an SD card that has another machines SN will bring up a question of "Do you wish to format this card" If YES, then it clears the SD card data and prepares it to be used in the new machine. ergo, you might as well just insert a fresh SD card in the new machine.

I don't know about MyAir. Sleepyhead and ResScan should be able to merge data from two different machines.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead and ResScan can both merge the data from two machines without any trouble.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2016, 02:48 PM)justMongo Wrote: Are you asking about data on the SD card or on My Air?
Inserting an SD card that has another machines SN will bring up a question of "Do you wish to format this card" If YES, then it clears the SD card data and prepares it to be used in the new machine. ergo, you might as well just insert a fresh SD card in the new machine.

I don't know about MyAir. Sleepyhead and ResScan should be able to merge data from two different machines.

Thank you. You have answered my question. I have no problem with data in Sleepyhead or ResScan. I did not know about the reformat question as I have never swapped out a machine where I wanted to keep the data on an SD card. Thanks once again.Thanks
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 672 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 273 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 401 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.