Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Non USA users - do you use an adapter or replace the plug?
RE: Non USA users - do you use an adapter or replace the plug?
(05-17-2016, 05:49 AM)archangle Wrote: Note that there are a few different connector types in use for the power bricks in electronic devices. Some of them look similar if you don't check closely, so be sure sure you get the right one. Especially if you're doing something like packing for a trip.

It might be a good idea to mark the right cable somehow or even tie it to the non-removable cord on the other side so you can't easily separate the cable from the brick.

My DreamStation has a Velcro wire tie attached to the cord that is attached to the power brick. It is used to keep both cords rolled up and attached together to the brick. I've seen similar Velcro wire ties at the big box lumber yards
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Non USA users - do you use an adapter or replace the plug?
Quick update, in case this ever comes up again. The cord that came with the power brick for my wife's old (and dead) LG laptop fits the respironics brick perfectly, 100% compatible. Even has the same markings from what I can see. Happy camper now. I'll make sure to velcro the stuff together anyway -- good idea.

BTW, SurferDude, hard to disagree with you about the "medical mafia". I don't think anybody here really minds them having a bit of a premium and making a little extra profit, but when it's several hundred percent (or more), that certainly changes things.

Anyway, thanks again everybody!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,534 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 134 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,902 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 264 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 629 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 679 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,144 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.