Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CLEANING: POLIDENT TABLET?
CLEANING: POLIDENT TABLET?
A friend told me that a single Polident denture cleaning tablet in the humidifier tank for a few hours and then a thorough rinse with water would both clean and sanitize the unit effectively. It also is alleged to take care of hard water deposits.

Can anyone confirm that this is a viable cleaning method and one that is not harmful to the humidifier tank components?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CLEANING: POLIDENT TABLET?
vinegar's cheaper.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi srlevine1,
I've never heard of anyone doing that, I don't know what the ingredients are to say one way or another.
I just soak my humidifier chamber in warm, mild, soapy water with my hose and mask once a week and haven't had problems, so far.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I just put mine in the dishwasher every couple of months.

Careful if you've a resmed unit though. While some are dishwasher proof, not all of theirs are...... Many of them have aluminum tanks or plates which do not paly well with dishwasher detergent (ever seen aluminum cookware that's been run through? Rough feeling texture on the surface and discolored).

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Hard water isn't a problem if you used the suggested distilled water
Post Reply Post Reply
Filtered air and distilled water..... rinse with distilled water once or week or so....

My humidifier tank is about a year old and still like new, no discoloration or residue.

YMMV, Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here. Still on the orig tank. Though I have noticed a few hairline cracks starting to form so I will be buying a backup this weekend.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance pays for a new tank every 6 months, so I take them up on the offer. In the meantime I will use a little vinegar if I see a buildup and rotate the tanks once a month. I always keep the most recently replaced tank as a backup/swap out part.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,795 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.