Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized"
I think this has been hashed before, but I can't find solution. I jut got a CMS-50D+ oxymeter. When I turn it on, and plug into computer with the supplied USB cord, I get Unknown Device, and "Device not recognized." Details show an "error 43" whatever that is (Windows 7 Pro), Yes, I installed the software from the enclosed disk, including the drivers.

I had previously used a CMS-50F wrist oxymeter, and it connected with no trouble. I wanted one that was self contained fingertip unit to use sometimes.

Any suggestions?
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Instead of using the drivers on the disk. I would go directly to the manufacturer's website and download from there. Your chances of getting an updated driver set is much better. Also do the usual re-boot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried that. When I plug it in I get "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it."

Under Device Manager it shows under USB Hub as Unknown Device.

Reloaded Device drivers from the supplied disk twice, and tried the web site, which had the same drivers.
Post Reply Post Reply

You are using the cable that was supplied with it to connect to the computer, right? Also try plugging into a different USB port. Make sure you do a reboot before trying all this again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right, I know the cable is special. I'm about to give up on this thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try different USB ports and rebooting?
Post Reply Post Reply

You don't actually "see" the device as you would a USB drive. You have to use the software or SleepyHead.

We've never done a wiki entry on how to install the darn things. We ought to do that.

I suggest, if reboot doesn't fix it, that you uninstall everything, reboot, then try again with the drivers from the website. Silicon Labratories I think. Reboot, then connect the oximeter.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah yes. That jogs my memory. I use the software provided by the company to connect to my own device. I've never even really looked to see if Windows sees it or not. The software is called Sp02 assistant and is downloadable from the manufacturer's website. I have the CMS50-I Oximeter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I'll try the drivers from the Silicon labs website and reinstall everything. Thanks for all the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

I sent you a PM with the link.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some new device advice to help with my apnea lightingbird 4 170 08-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Accurate device for consumers to measure sleep cycles? mikeuva123 8 731 08-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  [Equipment] Is there a way to tell whether this anti snoring device is treating my sleep apnea? nico08 10 528 04-29-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: ajack
  Placement of CPAP device TrailerSweetheart 21 1,118 03-06-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [Equipment] New sleep apnea patient here using oral device for first time liz81 16 906 02-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Two week wait for DME to dispense my CPAP device Dagmar 40 5,967 01-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Can't Find Device Number (DN) on Back of Machine gamegrrl 5 721 11-14-2016, 05:32 PM
Last Post: gamegrrl