Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized"
CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized"
I think this has been hashed before, but I can't find solution. I jut got a CMS-50D+ oxymeter. When I turn it on, and plug into computer with the supplied USB cord, I get Unknown Device, and "Device not recognized." Details show an "error 43" whatever that is (Windows 7 Pro), Yes, I installed the software from the enclosed disk, including the drivers.

I had previously used a CMS-50F wrist oxymeter, and it connected with no trouble. I wanted one that was self contained fingertip unit to use sometimes.

Any suggestions?
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized"
Instead of using the drivers on the disk. I would go directly to the manufacturer's website and download from there. Your chances of getting an updated driver set is much better. Also do the usual re-boot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried that. When I plug it in I get "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it."

Under Device Manager it shows under USB Hub as Unknown Device.

Reloaded Device drivers from the supplied disk twice, and tried the web site, which had the same drivers.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are using the cable that was supplied with it to connect to the computer, right? Also try plugging into a different USB port. Make sure you do a reboot before trying all this again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right, I know the cable is special. I'm about to give up on this thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try different USB ports and rebooting?
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't actually "see" the device as you would a USB drive. You have to use the software or SleepyHead.

We've never done a wiki entry on how to install the darn things. We ought to do that.

I suggest, if reboot doesn't fix it, that you uninstall everything, reboot, then try again with the drivers from the website. Silicon Labratories I think. Reboot, then connect the oximeter.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah yes. That jogs my memory. I use the software provided by the company to connect to my own device. I've never even really looked to see if Windows sees it or not. The software is called Sp02 assistant and is downloadable from the manufacturer's website. I have the CMS50-I Oximeter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I'll try the drivers from the Silicon labs website and reinstall everything. Thanks for all the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sent you a PM with the link.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,038 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,195 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 1,007 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 389 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 432 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 340 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [News] INGESTIBLE MIT DEVICE TO DETECT OSA? srlevine1 1 368 11-20-2023, 12:12 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.