Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS 50D Plus Oximeter - How long do batteries last?
CMS 50D Plus Oximeter - How long do batteries last?
Anyone who uses 50D+, how many nights do standard AAA alkaline batteries last if recording, and how long do rechargables last?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS 50D Plus Oximeter - How long do batteries last?
I haven't tried nimh batteries in mine yet, alkaline are good for about 24 hours of recording.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2014, 11:53 AM)diamaunt Wrote: I haven't tried nimh batteries in mine yet, alkaline are good for about 24 hours of recording.

I think I got only about 3 nights with alkaline, but I use pretty cheap ones. Still, 4 of them per week will add up pretty quick. CMS needs to work on lowering amphour consumption.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2014, 01:32 PM)jcarerra Wrote: CMS needs to work on lowering amphour consumption.

so, buy the 50e, f, or i, they're rechargeable,

or put rechargeables in your d+

what's your solution to two always on LEDs an associated circuitry?
Post Reply Post Reply
Will try some rechargables in this one already bought.

Solution would be that which many manufacturers do--you find engineers who can design for minimizing current drain.

LEDs? I thought it was icons on the screen? if it MUST have LEDs, they actually do not draw much, and you reduce the time on to a little as possible but still do their function (blink rate, duration, etc)
Screen could be mono--color draws WAAAAAY more than mono LCD, for one thing.

I wear a battery powered medical device--insulin pump. When I started it in 2002, the best it could do was two weeks on a batt --single AAA. Over the years, new models have been issued, and now it does more functions yet batteries last a minimum of 3 weeks--often longer. And I guarantee you, it does far more than this oxymeter. It has a much larger display screen, and a motorized driven plunger to deliver the insulin. A motor! 3# weeks! Oxymeter = 3 days on TWO batts, running only 8-10 hours vs. 24 hours continuously. Now I just remembered the sensor light--it has to be a big part of it too. I expect That is the issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2014, 01:56 PM)jcarerra Wrote: LEDs? I thought it was icons on the screen? if it MUST have LEDs, they actually do not draw much, and you reduce the time on to a little as possible but still do their function (blink rate, duration, etc)
Screen could be mono--color draws WAAAAAY more than mono LCD, for one thing.

um, ever looked at your finger while you were using it?

see that red glow? that's a red, and an infrared led shining through your finger, that's how oximeters work. can't really turn those off.

the screen is oled, not lcd, and you might notice it goes off when in recording mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I mentioned the sensor light in my remark. i thought you were referring to the I-am-recording light and there is another blinker on the screen at times too.

Yes it is oled and should be lcd for lower consumption.

I went out and bought 4 AAA MiMH I think. I want to scream. They are constructed so the outside case at the negative end extends beyond the flat plate that is its - terminal. Result, my charger will not make contact with that end of the battery.

Speaking of which, the 50D+ is weird in that one of the sides of the battery compartment has the + end as a spring. The spring has always been on the negative end in EVERY other device I have ever seen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2014, 04:01 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Yes it is oled and should be lcd for lower consumption.

doesn't make much difference if it's *OFF* all night, now does it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually like my CMS50F with built-in rechargeable batteries through the USB cable used to pull the data - I simply leave it connected unless using it. No muss, no fuss.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yet AGAIN, I wake up and the CMS 50D is off. No blinking light. Just off. Connect to computer -- no data. Out of five nights trying to use this, I have gotten a full night of data ONCE.

PS: I am not a dummy.
^^ used to not be anyway; now not sure.

This thing seems to be supersensitive, touchy, hard to deal with. If I am not getting data, why do I have it? I am tired of waking up and finding it off, with no data on it, not even a partial night.

Still would like feedback on batteries...if anybody using them, how long will 900 ma-hour AAAs last?

Also, if you take batteries out and put new ones in, will it lose any data that had been recorded--or is it in flash memory=retained?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,220 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.