Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS 50D Plus Oximeter - How long do batteries last?
RE: CMS 50D Plus Oximeter - How long do batteries last?
it's easy to tell when it's on and recording, and when it's off.

on and recording, display blank, sensor led steady red.

off... display blank, sensor led off.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2014, 04:02 PM)diamaunt Wrote: it's easy to tell when it's on and recording, and when it's off.
on and recording, display blank, sensor led steady red.
off... display blank, sensor led off.
But there is a recording blinking light that is on sometimes? (all the time when recording?) so display is not blank. Confused.

And I do not know what is causing it to go into the non-recording, completely off state after I go to sleep with it recording.

So maybe here is another question...
how many states can it be in..

a. Off
b. On, finger out, recording, display on, record light blinking
c. On, finger out, recording, display off, but record light blinking
d. On, finger out, not recording, display on
e. On, finger out, not recording, display off
f. On, finger in, recording, display on, record light blinking
g. On, finger in, recording, display off, but record light blinking
h. On, finger in, not recording, display on
i. On, finger in, not recording, display off
j. On, menu on screen

Any others? Sensor LED needs to be in there.

Post Reply Post Reply
oy vey.

you act like you've never even used the thing.

is the low battery icon blinking? that signals your battery is low.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have used it about 5-6 days. All of these questions are because it is just one of the most obstinate devices i have ever encountered.

I just put in "new as of yesterday" rechargeable batteries, fully charged, checked with voltmeter (1.32v no load), and put it on record. When I came back about 2.5 hours later, it was showing low batt. This is with finger out so sensor is not full on (I do see a flashing light inside as it is sensing whether a finger is there or not).

I am just totally frustrated with trying to get data, and constantly failing.

The first original try was with fresh alkaline batts. Got no data first night; got data second night; got nothing 3rd night--it was off with low batt 3rd morning.

ADDED
just measured the batts that were causing the low batt indication after just 2-3 hours...1.30v on each.
Post Reply Post Reply
normal alkalines are 1.55ish.

why don't you WEAR the thing and see how long it takes, instead of testing in an abnormal usage case?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2014, 08:01 PM)diamaunt Wrote: normal alkalines are 1.55ish.

why don't you WEAR the thing and see how long it takes, instead of testing in an abnormal usage case?
Read previous. I -have- worn it about 6 nights. Got data one night. That is the reason for this experimentation...which seems to have born some fruit to learn that the rechargables only last 3 hours even though sensor LED not on full time and still at 1.3v when showing low batt.

Since the alkalines ran out during the 3rd night, I don't quite know where to go with this. I don't really want to consume 2 batts per two days, but that is consistent with you saying about 24 hours recording time on alkalines--some of my nights are longer than 8 hours, so I would not get 3 full nights of data, and the low batt on third night makes sense--though disappointing.

I know I read somewhere on here that someone was using rechargables, but mine appear to be inadequate. $9 wasted.

Post Reply Post Reply
FYI? Just because you bought a new device, doesn't always mean it is a *good* (or non-defective) device?

Perhaps it is simply a defective unit?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I can heartily recommend the CMS50I, 90$ from aliexpress, rechargable, holds multiple sessions, timestamped, wrist mounted.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 01:43 AM)diamaunt Wrote: I can heartily recommend the CMS50I, 90$ from aliexpress, rechargable, holds multiple sessions, timestamped, wrist mounted.

Do you know the difference in the 50I and the 50F which I have also seen recommended here?

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 07:55 AM)jcarerra Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 01:43 AM)diamaunt Wrote: I can heartily recommend the CMS50I, 90$ from aliexpress, rechargable, holds multiple sessions, timestamped, wrist mounted.

Do you know the difference in the 50I and the 50F which I have also seen recommended here?

holds multiple sessions, timestamped,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,222 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.