Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS 50D Plus Oximeter - How long do batteries last?
RE: CMS 50D Plus Oximeter - How long do batteries last?
(07-11-2014, 10:41 AM)diamaunt Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 07:55 AM)jcarerra Wrote: Do you know the difference in the 50I and the 50F which I have also seen recommended here?
holds multiple sessions, timestamped,

That sounds good. Is it rechargeable directly or removable batteries? I think I have to get this. I am deciding that 50D Plus is fine for occasional use, but really isn't the design for every night use.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would strongly advise getting a pulse oximeter with recording capability. Mine connects via USB. Since I have to have USB connection anyway to upload a night, the USB rechargeable battery is ideal.

Don in Austin
Post Reply Post Reply
Don, which model do you have?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 11:29 AM)Don in Austin Wrote: I would strongly advise getting a pulse oximeter with recording capability. Mine connects via USB. Since I have to have USB connection anyway to upload a night, the USB rechargeable battery is ideal.

Don in Austin

Sorry, didn't catch the "+" so didn't realize your unit can record. I have the CMS50F and battery life is about three nights before recharge. But I usually just leave it plugged into the PC USB cable after uploading data.

Don in Austin

Post Reply Post Reply
OK
I am still trying to be sure I understand the differences in the 50F and the 50I; I already bought the wrong one once--want to get it exactly right this time...

diamaunt says the 50I version "holds multiple sessions, timestamped". Does the F do that, or is that the up-step from 50F to 50I?

Your "about three nights" for recharge is same as diamaunt said. I got 2.x (<3) nights on alkalines. Clearly, this thing (all models?) have a pretty heavy current draw and just don't have any significant battery life without recharge.

I could have made my 50D+ work if the rechargables I bought would work in it, but they "die" after just a few hours--not even one whole night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 01:43 AM)diamaunt Wrote: I can heartily recommend the CMS50I, 90$ from aliexpress, rechargable, holds multiple sessions, timestamped, wrist mounted.

Could you possibly send me the link by PM for the one u r speaking of as I find getting around Aliexpress a bit difficult when you don't know exactly what you are looking for........i would like to know that I will be buying the right one and not the wrong one ;-)

I seem to recall you or someone mentioning this before as i have purchased from AliExpress before and that it was about $50?

I have seen an ad online in my city but it doesn't seem to offer a brand name but this one is $75
Does it look good or, as I suspect its a cheap Chinese made one that I too could get for $50 but let me know if I am wrong for if so and it IS good, I might buy it just for the sake of expediency as Ali Express I recall took 3 weeks

Quote: New Fingertip Pulse Oximeter SPO2/Heart Rate Monitor FDA/CE

Up for sale is a brand new portable fingertip pulse oximeter. This device displays your blood oxygen saturation levels as well as your heart rate. It is useful for those with sleep apnea, athletes, and those undergoing oxygen therapy. It is also handy for nurses, paramedics and other health professionals.

The device itself is black and has a dual-color OLED display which is very easy to read. Pressing the circular button on the front turns the device on as well as switches between display modes. Easily visible is the oxygen saturation level(%SpO2) and the heartrate(bpm). In addition to this, a small graph at the bottom displays a plethysmograph waveform. This waveform tracks the change in volume of blood with each heart beat- this may be able to indicate a particular heart condition.

Unlike other similar devices on the market. this one runs on two easily accessible AAA batteries which keep the device going for hours. The pictures are of the actual model for sale.
Included in this package:
1- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter (black)
1- Matching silicone case (black)
1- Carrying bag
1- Lanyard
1- Instruction Manual
1- Original Box

if necessary i could send u a link to the ad so as to see the photos being show but when i look i don't see any particular brand name

Thanks In Advance
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 11:29 AM)Don in Austin Wrote: I would strongly advise getting a pulse oximeter with recording capability. Mine connects via USB. Since I have to have USB connection anyway to upload a night, the USB rechargeable battery is ideal.

Don in Austin

I didnt see this until now.
Great Point.

I like the USB rechargeable battery idea

Do you have one you could possibly link to so i could then find something similar here in Toronto?

TIA

Now I see mention of yours having USB, I will pass on the $75 version I posted, asking about it.........i want the USB one

BUT ONLY IF THERE IS A WAY TO ACCESS THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERY IF IT DIES.
I DONT WANT TO BUY ONE THAT HAS TO BE THROWN OUT IF THE BATTERY DIES INSIDE AS ITS INACCESSIBLE.......
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 05:19 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote:

Don in Austin

Great Point.

Do you have one you could possibly link to so i could then find something similar here in Toronto?

TIA

Now I see mention of yours having USB, I will pass on the $75 version I posted, asking about it.........i want the USB one

I DONT WANT TO BUY ONE THAT HAS TO BE THROWN OUT IF THE BATTERY DIES INSIDE AS ITS INACCESSIBLE.......

Mine is "f." Once and once only, in a year and a half it locked up and would not respond in any way at all. I removed some tiny phillips screws and took it apart and rebooted it by monentarily shorting the battery. I don't remember the details of the battery installation, but think it was soldered in because otherwise I would have simply removed it. But no sign of the battery weakening yet.

Don in Austin
(07-11-2014, 05:56 PM)Don in Austin Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 05:19 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote:

Don in Austin

Great Point.

TIA

Mine is "f." Once and once only, in a year and a half it locked up and would not respond in any way at all. I removed some tiny phillips screws and took it apart and rebooted it by monentarily shorting the battery. I don't remember the details of the battery installation, but think it was soldered in because otherwise I would have simply removed it. But no sign of the battery weakening yet.

Don in Austin

i have a bunch of USB rechargeable bicycle headlamps and taillights, some used frequently, and none has developed a tired battery yet.

Don in Austin
Post Reply Post Reply
Could not tell if this question has been answered or not?

I have a CMS50F - While it records only ONE session, when you hit 'record'='yes' again, it overwrites the existing session - so you would need to save data after each use, and before the next use.

The software is funky to figure out, but once I understood it, it has worked flawlessly for the last 4+ months that I've owned it. I too leave mine attached to the USB cable until next use (meaning I never even turn mine 'off'.).

I've not read up on the "I" model, but it appears to have some possibly large benefits you might enjoy.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an E, which a friend dunked in a glass of water and didn't tell me until too late, and a D+, and a I, from what I read when I was deciding between the F and I, the I is like the F but with multiple session and timestamps. instead of it always starting at 0:00 and counting, the charts actually line up with when you went to sleep...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] long desaturations Mshull 4 166 04-16-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,493 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 269 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,064 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Using EGO lawnmower batteries to run a biPAP HalfAsleep 11 247 04-03-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 138 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 185 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.