Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS 50D+ data import in Sleepyhead 1.0.0-Beta-2
CMS 50D+ data import in Sleepyhead 1.0.0-Beta-2
Just bought a new CMS50D+ oximeter and I've been having trouble trying to import the data into Sleepyhead. My old oximeter also a CMS50D+ worked ok, kind of funky, but ok with a prior version of Sleepyhead. I am running a Macbook with El Capitan.

Has anyone got this combo working? I am unable to get the software to import directly through the new oximetry wizard, which is much different than I remember. I have been able to download the data through Parallels running SO2 windows app that came with the oximeter.

Sleepyhead will import the data file I get from the windows software, but for some reason it imports it to the day before I want. I download my Cpap data from last night. Then import the data file from the same timeframe, started and stopped oximeter at same time as cpap, and it puts it on the prior days record.  I don't see how I am able to correct this. 

Any suggestions or experience with this would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS 50D+ data import in Sleepyhead 1.0.0-Beta-2
It could have something to do with your timezone. For some time now, we've been seeing a shift based on the UTC time difference in this version. . . It's not you!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
Well, that brings up another interesting question. We are currently spending 70% of our time in New Zealand and 30% in Florida. When going from one to the next especially, coming here (in FL now) from NZ not sure what the best way to sync up time zones. NZ 16 hours ahead of us means coming here FL happened yesterday today. Big Grin   I have just reset the time and date in my S9 and removed the memory card for a day and things appeared to be ok. Reverse it going the other way, but with out having to leave the memory card out.

Is there a better way for travelers to handle the changing of timezones?

Anyway, I thought, from my reading that the CMS 50D+ was agnostic as to time or date. Can't see that it stores either of those items. The instructions for SleepyHead say to start and stop the cpap and oximeter at the same time. Then upload the data from last night then import the oximetry file. I do that and the cpap data comes in fine and the oximetry data load up on the day prior... I don't know how to move the data, once uploaded to the prior day. I remember several years ago when I was tracking my O2 data the transfer went fine and all appeared as it should, but the SleepyHead version was current then and there was no wizard to import it and the process was done very differently and there was some way to move the data around to sync it up. That ability seems to be gone now. All you can do is import and it lands where it lands and I can't find anything that says how you can move or manipulate the data once you get it into SH. The only thing I did find is the ability to delete O2 data.

I'm sure I'm missing something, so a little help please.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your computer time will (usually) adjust to the local timezone.  While I've never tried it, I wonder what would happen if you set your PC to UTC before importing the SpO2 data.  .  .  H-m-m-m-m Thinking-about
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is an issue with importing the CMS 50D+ directly in the current version of sleepyhead. The most reliable way to do it is to export to SPO2 fix the date and time and then import the SPO2 file.

1. Import the data into SPO2 Assistant Use the online Manual
2. Select Save AS and save the SPO2 file to a Folder in My Documents
3. Run SPODateChanger.exe (Availiable Here Click to see forum post) To modify the SPO2 file and set to correct date and time
4. Use the Oximetric Wizard in Sleepyhead to import a data file
5. Selected Date and time will display and the file will import successfully
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, maybe this little app will do the trick.  Not sure what 's going on in SleepyHead with dates and times, but seems to be way off. In the wizard if I select a day's data to sync up with it appears to be off by many hours. If I select the actual date that corresponds to the time of the oximetry data, in the wizard it comes up as 02:56 AM when the time the actual sleep time shown in SleepyHead is 10:56 PM the day before. That is really strange because both of the dates/times are being produced by SleepyHead looking at the same dataset.

If I play with this, I should be able to workaround by figuring out the offset, but something is seriously out of whack in the wizard.  I hadn't tried this option because supposedly the CMS50D+ has no time/date stamp and I just selected the other option that says I started the oximeter and cpap together, which obviously didn't even end up on the right day. Now I see why. I guess, given this little app to "reset date and time in the 50D+ data download" means that it does in fact have a date/time stored in there somewhere???

We might want to correct that statement, as it appears in many places on this board and other cpap boards. It does in fact have date/time info stored in it.

Thanks for the help. I think I can figure out how to fake out the software now.
Post Reply Post Reply
The CMS50D+ has no date or time, and the Contec software leaves both the time and date as zeros. This is midnight at the start of some undefined epoch... When you select a CPAP session start time, SleepyHead presents that in your local time, but the oxometer import routines interpret that as Greenwich Mean Time... so that's the offset you see. The date patching routine (which is a Windows program) replaces the zeros in the Contec data file with the time and date you specify, so you don't have to select a CPAP session. I'm not sure if it allows for the GMT offset bug, however.

I'm afraid I didn't get all that figured out in time for the current 1.1.0 testing release, and I'm hoping the fixes will be included in the next testing release.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks for that. I'll play with it in  a couple of days and see if I can sync things up. 

A couple of other notes. When I go back in SH into \data\advanced\purge oximetry data\current days    it purges everything from that day. All the cpap data is gone as well as oximetry and I have rebuild the cpap database it from backup.

Is there an anticipated date on the next release?

I take it you're one of, or the programmer, so thanks for a great piece of software.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,265 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,549 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 218 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 268 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,606 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR Will Not Import Last Night's Results Trevor G 1 236 02-08-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Easier way to import O2 data? BlueSky1958 6 517 02-04-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: kappa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.