Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS-50F disposable sensors
CMS-50F disposable sensors
I thought I would pass on what I found today. Disposable probe Oximeter Sensor for CONTEC CMS50F Fingetip pulse oximeter,new
Advertised on ebay but sent from the company in china.
I like the CMS-50F but sometimes get bad nights data from sensor coming off.
It looks to me like these disposable sensors work like the ones I had in the hospital, where they are taped onto a finger. It also looks to me as if something like cloth tape could be used when the 5 tapes have been used. Maybe keep one for a pattern. Anyway, looks interesting to me, and wanted to let others know these are available.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS-50F disposable sensors
(08-10-2016, 10:09 PM)Marthajoy7 Wrote: I thought I would pass on what I found today. Disposable probe Oximeter Sensor for CONTEC CMS50F Fingetip pulse oximeter,new
Advertised on ebay but sent from the company in china.
I like the CMS-50F but sometimes get bad nights data from sensor coming off.
It looks to me like these disposable sensors work like the ones I had in the hospital, where they are taped onto a finger. It also looks to me as if something like cloth tape could be used when the 5 tapes have been used. Maybe keep one for a pattern. Anyway, looks interesting to me, and wanted to let others know these are available.

Since I toss and turn, I had the same initial problem with my CMS-50F and resolved the problem by taping the wire leading to the sensor lightly to the top of my hand.

I did not circle the tape around my wrist for fear of cutting off the blood if it was too tight.

Seemed to work great for me. Now if only I can tame the arrhythmia that produces drop-outs and wonky results.

You might also want to chat with Kevin Cooper (Vendor #19) who has a wealth of information on the CMS-50F as well as being a stand-up guy.

Best of luck resolving the issue.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
that sounds like a good idea. I already tried something similar, I pass the oximeter cable through the rubber ring that is part of the clasp. So that there is some friction to keep it on, only maybe not enough. Also a baby sock over my fingers, which is just recently.
Another question on the cms50f, when I import the data, it starts at the correct ime but spans a longer duration on the graph then what was run, also there seems to be gaps in the data. Anyone else experience this?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2016, 01:31 AM)Marthajoy7 Wrote: that sounds like a good idea. I already tried something similar, I pass the oximeter cable through the rubber ring that is part of the clasp. So that there is some friction to keep it on, only maybe not enough. Also a baby sock over my fingers, which is just recently.
Another question on the cms50f, when I import the data, it starts at the correct ime but spans a longer duration on the graph then what was run, also there seems to be gaps in the data. Anyone else experience this?

The gaps in the data are most likely data dropouts caused by excessive movement. Wag your hand around and observe the data display. This normally happens when I turn over.

I am not sure how accurate the timing span is from the time you hit the record yes -- to the actual start or hit the stop and the unit stops recording. There can also be errors in the visual display of a graph due to scaling and presentation errors.

I do know that I have to be careful on the difference in time between what is shown on my ResMed unit -- which like all computer clocks, continually slows down and needs to be re-corrected -- and that on my CMS-50.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe there has to be a glitch in the program with the 50F, or something setting wise with mine. I start and stop recording at same time as my aircurve 10 vauto starts and stops. On my sleepyhead program today, there was a 10 minute delay for start of oxygen readings and oxygen readings about 55 minutes after I stopped recording... the time it showed for stopping was actually in the future at the time I was looking at it.

Maybe my setup, I used to use a 50D+ till it quit on me. So I upgraded to the F model, as I need to monitor. I get fast heart rate when sleeping. Last night up to 168 for almost an hour time wise then settled down. maybe when my beta blocker kicked in then was normal rest of the night. Oxygen level drops even with oxygen adding to the bipap flow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marthajoy7,
Did you synchronize the CPAP and the CMS-50F to the same time? Time drift is a problem. I would recommend that you select the option where SH lets you use the CPAP's starting time for the SpO2 data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ewe's guy's might consider one of these..

link removed

they are latex finger cots, if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see they also have "TOE" cots that might be just a tad larger intended to fit over your big toe (presuming you have one) but considering your trying to get a pulse ox to stick on your finger these might prove to be the real thing to use as they might be "reusable"... just a thought

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure how to sync as you say. Just have clocks on both same time and when imorting, I use default time from 50F
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compatible NONIN sensors from China nikonomikon 11 1,906 05-29-2022, 04:52 AM
Last Post: nikonomikon
  Philips foam issue - Sensors might be inaccurate ?? DaveCar 1 775 08-20-2021, 10:32 AM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Respironics Dreamstation sensors apnero 0 636 03-23-2021, 02:56 PM
Last Post: apnero
  input requested, need for low cost arousal sensors? BB63 11 1,466 08-10-2020, 11:39 AM
Last Post: BB63
  Disposable filter dirty in 4 days Hunefeld 5 1,962 06-23-2020, 05:39 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [Equipment] Silly question: Internal PAP sensors, lifespan, calibration OneSnorer 2 1,142 10-03-2018, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Oxygen Sensors player 2 1,624 11-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.