Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS 50F question
CMS 50F question
I have a cms 50F oximeter.  I don't use it all the time, my question is do I charge the unit when I am not using it?  When I use it it usually says low battery.  Am I reducing the life of the oximeter battery if I leave it in low battery and charge it only when I use it?
Thnks for your replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS 50F question
Some batteries, like lithium-ion, have a voltage floor that will prevent them from charging if you allow them to drop below this value. Ni cad batteries will develop a memory if you charge them too often, thus shortening their run time. I would charge the device after each use, or every month if you haven't used it within this time frame.

Now, the trick is to determine which type of battery your device is using. . . Eat-popcorn
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson for your quick response.  Maybe someone else knows what type of battery it has, but your idea makes sound sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just looked at the specs for mine (older CMS50F) and it just says "Rechargeable Lithium battery".
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So Jeff, what do you recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
How much time goes by between use? I would suggest trying an experiment. Charge it up then let it sit, unused, for a week and see what level the battery is at.

Mine is ~ 3 years old and I can just get two night's of use out of it now. The battery has gone dead a few times over the years (forgetfulness on my part) but I have always been able to charge it again. YMMV
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff, I will try leaving for a week and see what it shows. I sometimes go several weeks before charging, then I have to reset the clock and date.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,424 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.