Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS 50F record options question
RE: CMS 50F record options question
(03-12-2022, 01:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: As an alternative to find out where Smart Device Assistant is "hiding" your files, you might try using a Windows Explorer search.  Your search term could be either John_1_1_20220312111432.SpO2 or, for less work involved, *.SpO2.   Run the search from the Computer listing on the Explorer's left side.  This will search every drive and directory on your computer.  If you opt to try this , please report back as to where you found it.  Contec does have a history of changing data locations.

I did that - I called it "File Explorer" but did the long-name search - I just now tried the wild-card search *.SpO2 and it found prior entries from Dec 2021, but not the one that was acknowledged as completed today.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only use a Windows 7 platform, so my terminology may be amiss. I had another thought. Look at your File Explorer ⇾ Tools ⇾ Folder Options ⇾ View tab and make sure you have the option, Hidden files and folders, has the Show hidden files, folders, and drives selected. By default, this is turned off. This could be hiding its location. If you press the "Start" or Cortana or whatever they call it in the screen's lower left, you can type the search parameter in the little box, and it will do a system-wide search.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I remain flumoxed. I installed and used CMS50A with Smart Device Assistant and saved several nights record in Dec 2021.  Nothing seemed too scary so I put it aside.  Now with my recent changes (deterioration ?) I've  tried to use it again, but the program hates me.  I recorded night of Mar 12, 2022, but have not been able to open it.  I was able to copy the file name assigned (John_1_1_20220312111432.SpO2)  but file search did not find it.  On helpful advice, I searched for *.SpO2 and viola, the old data files (c. Dec 2021 and the one from Mar 2022 appeared.  But what good did that do me?  The files will not open.  

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Smart Assistant program, always choosing the default when offered.  No help - Smart Asistant will not find the data files.  After the File Explorer search the folder location was said to be:

C:\user\HP\AppDatra\local\virtualstore\programfiles(x86)\smartdeviceassistantV3.01.0.3\data 

No, I did not make this up.  I have allowed hidden files.  I have never had a program stumble over my user name, which I thought was generally assigned automatically unless choice overridden.  No where in does this "User" ID appear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using the Microsoft user account sign-in or a local sign-in? I know that if you switch sign-in methods, data from the other sign-in account will be in separate areas, even if the same name is used.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With Smart Device Assistant open you should be able to navigate to where the files are stored.  Click the folder to open the SpO2 file, then click the little arrow to the right of "Look in" on the menu bar, then navigate to that folder/directory: C:\user\HP\AppDatra\local\virtualstore\programfiles(x86)\smartdeviceassistantV3.01.0.3\data 

From Windows 10:

See if that works
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Red and Jeff, it’s exactly what you thought.  Auto records automatically whereby manual mode you have to first erase the old data then click record on.  
Thanks again guys!
Also thanks sarcastic Dave.
Post Reply Post Reply
I accept defeat by my CMS50F.  It has SN:20070100200 and a stamp I assume is date - "2020-07."  Model ID says simply CMS50F.  The manual for the CMS50F is undated, and the menus shown in it are different from what is in my machine.  Mine has no "USB" or "upload" anywhere.  And the instructions for use with the "affiliated program" described is for the (old?) "SpO2" and "SpO2 Review versions.  The only program Contec would give me is "Smart Device" and the manual is dated "2020-03-04."  Needless to say, instructions in no way match the menu on my machine.  

There has to be some combination-of-factors glitch which basically deactivates my version of CMS50F.  I give up.  My mind boggles at how in the heck I can be assigned an insane data "user name" which seems not to exist.  

Can anyone update me on other mid-range choices?
Post Reply Post Reply
jmayer180,

When you first turn on your CMS50F what does it say on the screen?  It should either be "6.1" or for the newer models "2.1 or 2.2".
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, but it just doesn't. It goes right to menu after Welcome screen. I've searched shipping box and back of device with magnifier and there is nothing other than what I've noted.
Post Reply Post Reply
jmayer180,

Just to clarify, your oximeter looks like this???

You should have received a black cable in the box that looks like a USB cable on one end and a MicroUSB on the other. 

That black cable is what you would use to transfer the data to the software.  Remove the sensor and plug the small end into the oximeter.  Then plug the other end into your computer.  There are no settings to change on the oximeter to do the transfer. 
If the software is not picking up the oximeter then the cable may be bad, or it's the wrong one.  If you didn't get the cable in the box then you might consider returning the oximeter for missing parts.

I don't remember what year Contec transitioned to the newer style, but for my older style CMS50F I had to update the drivers a couple of times:
https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to...cp-drivers
Someone else here might remember when the change happened....
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advanced viewing options dfunk 2 501 12-11-2023, 05:53 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  CPAP Usage Record with a Wrong Value? hisaotsu 3 477 10-10-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Can't set custom oximetry options in OSCAR Pixel Ninja 1 712 07-02-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Anyone know of an App or Video Program that can Record Sleep Position Automatically? Plmnb 3 827 04-11-2023, 11:12 AM
Question Viatom Data Importer - Options RegEx Purpose? DavidEsp 1 583 02-24-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question How record live every sec pulse data DavidEsp 2 513 02-24-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  OSCAR-oximetry data import record/file layout jtmAZ 49 9,026 09-25-2021, 07:47 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.