Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When to replace.
When to replace.
I have a F&P Sleepstyle 200 series. I have no issues with it's performance, however I find it frustrating to not be able to chart my leaks and AHIs.

What is the average life span of a CPAP as I would really like to replace it for one from a manufacturer that thinks I am smart enough to care about my health.

Sharon
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When to replace.
Hi Sharon D
People on the forum talk about 5 years but most of them are from US and machine replacement covered by insurance replacement schedule

But reading your data is important, machine such as ResMed S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite, Phillips Respironcis System One Auto 560 and Pro 460 can differentiate between obstructive and central sleep apnea, other machines don,t
You can download the software for both machines from this board for free

here is wiki, machines choices http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices

Not sure about health system in Canada but if you,re looking to buy the machine on-line, Suppliers #2 and #10 ship outside US
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When to replace.
technology changes so fast with these machines. you can upgrade whenever you want to if you don't have insurance coverage. With insurance, at least right now, most will pay for another machine in 5 years. These machines could last longer than 5 years but the technology with the newer machines is so much better that I recommend getting a newer machine at least at the 5 year mark even if the machine you have is still working fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 82 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 245 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,068 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Need to Replace SD Card SingingWolf 6 803 04-17-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Replace mask hose etc: Uzupan 7 818 03-17-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  How often do you replace gear? Dave W 8 1,020 08-16-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.