Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS-50f again new version?
CMS-50f again new version?
I read a bunch of posts from last year and I am guess they have updated their system/software. Mine arrived today and the manual is about worthless. I assumed when you turned it on, it was recording data but I think I may have been wrong. After wearing it a few hours I decided to try looking at the data, installed the software (which is also a newer version- red heart not green and no hour glass) and there was no data. Then I located the "record" on the menu and selected that to on. But while it is recording the screen goes black. The manual says nothing about this happening (or about the record for that matter) and in troubleshooting under screen turning off meaning bad unit. So should my screen be going to sleep during recording, my alarms still work when I drop to low but I have to press the on button to get the screen back up?

Also when connecting my unit to the software it is screaming at me because my finger is out (through both the computer software and the watch), which makes no sense since both the cable and probe use the same port! What the heck is up with that? The software is SpO2 assistant 2.5.0. I am hoping I can retrieve the data this time around. It sucks you have to turn the recording on and off in order to keep/save the data. Have to turn it off to download the data or shut it off which seems like a lot of wasted steps.

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Oh and mine is the blue one 3.7 version.

Thanks!
Photography: Macro | Super Macro | Misc photos | Facebook photos (mostly studio work here)

Since I have been sick and can't do much photography anymore Sad my creative outlet is now crochet (hats, cowls, stuffed animals). I will have my stuff posted here soon!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS-50f again new version?
I found this [link to commercial website removed per Apnea Board rules] but the software no longer gives the SPO2 assistant review ie green heart. At least the black screen is okay. I didn't know that if you stopped a recording and restarted it erased the previous recording, the manual should warn that in big bold type. I lost my previous session which I pushed myself to show what happens when I do any strenuous work, guess I will have to do that all over again...how fun...lol.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Photography: Macro | Super Macro | Misc photos | Facebook photos (mostly studio work here)

Since I have been sick and can't do much photography anymore Sad my creative outlet is now crochet (hats, cowls, stuffed animals). I will have my stuff posted here soon!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the "green heart" icon (I have two, one green, one red - red is real time, green is labeled 'review'). I show I am using version "SPO2 Review v1.2 rel".

Yes, the screen goes blank while recording, but you can press the button (on my white model) to light the screen for like 10-20 seconds. My Oximeter states it is version '3.5' during start-up.

On mine, what I do is this...

Strap it on
Turn it on
Wait until I am in bed and mask is on
Go into the menu and start 'record'
sleep (hopefully)
-----
When I wake up, before taking mask off, or getting out of bed:
I go into menu and turn 'record' to 'off'
I then leave the device on, and in menu mode
I unmask, etc
I take Oximeter off (it's still on)
I go into my computer room and plug the Oximeter into the USB cable (other end of the cable is plugged into the computer) Oximeter is *still* left on.
Double-click on the green heart icon
Hit the little "new session" icon on the bottom of the window (won't work if Oximeter is not both on, and plugged into the computer)
Type my first name in the new screen, then click "OK"
Main screen now says "waiting for data"
at this point I go into the menu on the Oximeter and choose "upload" - the main screen now states "getting data"
In a minute or 2 you will see your data on the main screen
------
At this point you can do many different things; I like to look at and either save/print etc different available reports. I get the most value out of the "OxMetery Report".

Hope this helps - I have no idea what may be different for you, but I have one plug-in for the probe, and, a USB port on mine. I do not turn OFF the Oximeter until I am done saving/printing everything. Then I turn it off, leaving it plugged in and it'll be fully recharged by the evening (even if you forget to turn it off, it will still be fully charged by that night).
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess they got rid of the green heart part and it's all in one. What is bad is that the only way to get the data off is to use the "real time" side ie "connect device" to then click "device stored data" which downloads it, while all the alarms are going off to tell you your finger is out!!! Duh!

Then you have to click the home button which takes you to the screen where you have the option to select "connect device" or "open file". Open file appears to be the former "green heart" program. So you open that and it takes you to the data folder where you have to select your recent download. Now you can finally view your report in quiet.

BTW I noticed in the previous threads where people were paying 160 and over for this unit. I was going to post a link to the seller I got mine from until I was alerted that you cannot do that here. Anyways I got it off Ebay, NIB from the supposed manufacturer in China. I got it for 99.00 free shipping and it arrived within 10 days. Everything was in the box, it had the silver safety seal and everything. I was really afraid there was going to be something wrong ie pieces missing or something, had to be at that kind of price reduction but there wasn't. So before paying 160-200 for this unit please search ebay and look for the seller who has it listed in EUR and claims to be the manufacturer of these units.

Post Reply Post Reply
I found it!! I can't believe I totally missed it. I feel like such a dingy, I will just blame it on all those months oxygen was deprived from my brain...lol.

When you open up the new program and the dialog box comes up to connect device underneath the "connect" button there is a box to check that says "view device stored data only". So you don't get the "live view" side and no alarm!

Hopefully this helps others who have the same problem (well at least I hope I am not the only dingbat that will have had this problem Big Grin )

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 02:59 AM)nmbugs Wrote: Hopefully this helps others who have the same problem (well at least I hope I am not the only dingbat that will have had this problem Big Grin )

Backup dingbat reporting for duty! Can confirm that the SpO2 Assistant has wonky menus.

After receiving the data you still have to press the "Folder" button to read the recorded data file. The files are named using a series of cryptographic hashes ... errr no ... a big number that represents the date and time all concatenated into an unrecognizable mess. Why? Because computers apparently are not able to name files using human readable strings.

At least the report looks nicely formatted and readable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I Googled SPO2 review v1.5 and found a site with an icon to download "SPO2 Review Software
Newest Version V1.5" I haven't been able to find a manual for v1.5 and have no idea what improvements may be included. Curious, I downloaded it. It includes SPO2 Manager V1.5 rel and it updated my SPO2 Review to V1.5 rel. I don't see any obvious differences with V1.2. I am running Windows 7 and a CMS-50F. Does anyone know anything about this release?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I like Oscar 1.2.0. Can I turn off Oscar New Version Notifications E.W. 1 705 10-25-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  resmed s8 (any version) teardown/disassembly/repair tungpust 5 12,985 01-11-2021, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Wolfsnores
  Question on Updated Version of OSCAR SideSleeper 2 955 06-13-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  SomnoPose? Android version? AirSign 7 3,601 05-26-2020, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  [CPAP] Firmware Version [DreamStation] wi002va 6 2,828 09-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus
  SleeyHead version 1.1 Release [volunteers needed] SuperSleeper 0 1,085 01-22-2019, 10:37 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Is the F&P Simplus a FFM version of the nasal Eson2? DaveY 11 2,409 05-20-2018, 05:38 PM
Last Post: DaveY

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.