Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Cutting Out?
Airsense 10 Cutting Out?
Hi, I'm new to this board and I've been having an issue with my ResMed AutoSet Airsense 10.  I got it in 2014, so it's about 4 years old.  I've had really good luck with it and have been feeling much better since I started using the machine.  From the data I get on myAir, I typically have 1-2 events per night, if any, when using the CPAP.  In the last couple of months, I've started having an intermittent issue where it seems like my CPAP is cutting out because I will wake up gasping because I have NO air at all - way worse than when it happens naturally without the CPAP  Rolleyes.  It'll usually happen a couple of times in the first 45 minutes of sleeping before I give up on the CPAP for the night.

Has anyone had this happen and is there anything that can be done to fix it?  I've called the company that sold it to me and am waiting a response to see if they can service it, but I'd love something that I can do on my own.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Cutting Out?
hello scarcek. you haven't provided enough info to be sure but a couple things to look for:

sounds like your ramp is on for 45 minutes, which I believe means you won't reach your min pressure until you're 45 minutes in. many of us don't use ramp at all, especially if our min pressure is relatively low. experiment with different ramp settings.

your min pressure might be set as low as 4cm. that's inadequate air for most people. try moving your min pressure up to 5, then 6 until you find it easier to breathe.

if you get Sleepyhead software from this site, use a sd card in your machine to record data and learn how to post Sleepyhead data (follow links on the site and in many people's signatures) you will give folks more to go on in order to answer your questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Cutting Out?
IF you CPAP has failed AND you have good insurance AND your doctor said is was medical necessity then you can just get a new one even if it's less than the proverbial 5 years. Call the insurance and verify, call the DME and have them preauthorize the replacement and get a new machin.

Unless of course something like the above is happening
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 50 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,342 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  airsense 11 cutting off in therapy alphamale 1 290 01-11-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Airsense 10 cutting off repeatedly at night. coldfeet7 4 328 12-31-2023, 09:37 PM
Last Post: coldfeet7
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,696 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,639 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,162 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.