Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50D+ Add date and time to SPO2 file
RE: CMS50D+ Add date and time to SPO2 file
Will leave a msg here to monitor about this thread. My purchase is on the way, am using DreamStationAuto CPAP, sleepy head. Will track back this thread and see what firmwares is to be updated to prevent any messing up of data. Thank you Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2018, 11:57 PM)turtlez Wrote: Will leave a msg here to monitor about this thread. My purchase is on the way, am using DreamStationAuto CPAP, sleepy head. Will track back this thread and see what firmwares is to be updated to prevent any messing up of data. Thank you Smile

Hi and Welcome

Just an FYI, of course you're welcome to leave a message, but if you simply wish to monitor a thread for responses without necessarily writing something, another option is to scroll down to near the bottom left of a page and click "Subscribe to this thread," then click again on the page that comes up next to confirm how you wish to be notified.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2017, 09:23 AM)adrinef Wrote: If anyone else wants to use the program to modify the date\time in the SPO2 file, I've attached it.  

Requires .Net Framework 4

Save the zip file. Unzip\Extract  it.
Run it.
After you run the program, click the Select SPO2 file button.  It should show the date and time all 0s.  Date format is Day-month-year.
#of Samples is the number of spo2 samples in the file(read only).

Use the date box and time box to set the new date and time, then click the "Save Date and Time" button and it should write it out to the file.

Make a copy of your Spo2 files before you test it because it writes to the original file and doesn't make a copy.

Hi,

Any chance this file get's reposted or adding another linkt to download the file? If I want to download from here I get some message regarding not being allowed to download. Not sure why exactly. Would really like to try out the date changer. Right now the only way to get to synchronize well is if I record using the program on my PC, but that means sleeping with PC on and also getting more data than needed (because I need to start the recording on the PC way earlier than the CPAP starts it's recording).
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2021, 01:51 PM)rpolen Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 09:23 AM)adrinef Wrote: If anyone else wants to use the program to modify the date\time in the SPO2 file, I've attached it.  

Run it.
After you run the program, click the Select SPO2 file button.  It should show the date and time all 0s.  Date format is Day-month-year.

Use the date box and time box to set the new date and time, then click the "Save Date and Time" button and it should write it out to the file.

Make a copy of your Spo2 files before you test it because it writes to the original file and doesn't make a copy.

Hi,

Any chance this file get's reposted or adding another linkt to download the file? If I want to download from here I get some message regarding not being allowed to download. Not sure why exactly. Would really like to try out the date changer. Right now the only way to get to synchronize well is if I record using the program on my PC, but that means sleeping with PC on and also getting more data than needed (because I need to start the recording on the PC way earlier than the CPAP starts it's recording).

Send me your email address in a private message and I'll try and email it to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2021, 12:26 PM)adrinef Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 01:51 PM)rpolen Wrote:

Run it.

Hi,

Send me your email address in a private message and I'll try and email it to you.

Thanks, I do appreciate your reply, but after posting my request, I figured setting the starting time of the recording in OSCAR manually (using the oximeter import wizard) is essentially the same thing as if I would change the date/time on the record using a script. Both ways I would still need to write down the start time of the recording which will never be precise to the second that way. (I have just started to use OSCAR a few days ago).

Also I figured that if I need to get a more exact way to sync the data, the most accurate way to sync data with oscar, is if I record the CSM50D+ data directly over USB on my PC using SPO2 recorder (so it uses the PC clock instead), instead of using the devices internal recording. Of course this is not very convenient because it means attaching a USB cable to the device and leave it overnight (I taped it down so it stays firmly in place) and leaving a PC running all night.

I do wish I spend a bit more on a oximeter which does have an internal clock, but I figure it will not make much of a difference because you still need to synchronise clock settings between devices and still need to start recording on both devices as close to each other as possible.

Somehow, the Dreamstation does not allow to change the clock to the minute (only half hours) and mine is of by about 5 minutes and a few seconds. I measured the difference to the second by watching when the clock in the Dreamstation menu changed up one minute and looking at PC time at the same time.

Using the time drift setting in preferences for OSCAR I than set an offset to sync the time between CPAP recordings and PC clock.

When importing the SPO2 file using the wizard, I than choose the 'use time reported by oximeter's built in clock' option and it will overlay the data the most precise that way, at least, I think that is the way to do it best. If I start the oximeter recording on the PC a few settings before I start the CPAP, It will show a few seconds of Oximeter data and the other CPAP related graphs are empty, but at the time the CPAP data recording starts, all the graphs are synced.

I prefer this method because if you choose the option ' I started both recordings at the same time', the graphs wills start at the same point in time, but will not be synced to the second and will essentially give a false reading that way.

It is a bit of a hassle, but I won't be recording oximeter data every night anyway. I do find it interesting to look at pulse rate and drops in SPO2 and try and see how they are related to apnea events, but at the end, the most important factor is just to check if the device does it's job an the therapy is working by looking at daily AHI. No need to analyse everything to the bone at a daily basis.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a contec cms50H and there is nowhere date and time, only you can set the time if you go to record, but when you go to upload the data, there is nowhere date...

And also, the only working program is the assistant, the other two spo2 programs cannot connect.
Post Reply Post Reply
The easiest way to set a Contec 50 clock, if it has one, is to use the SpO2 Assistant, or its successor.  Once connected to the Contec, go to Options ⇾ Synchronize Device Time.  This will update its clock.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have done it, and i get a message the device does not support this future.
Post Reply Post Reply
As i see the attachment file do perfect the job. The contec cms50H have not a date, only time you can set for record. Anyway, i dont know why contec have to many models without features. For example cms50H have PI but cms50F doesnt. Contec cms50E can connect to spo2 review and manager with selection upload in the cms menu but cms50H have not upload and cannot connect. I have to many realeases oldest and newest and noone conect. Only Spo2 assistant works.
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50D+ Add date and time to SPO2 file--Troubledownloading SP02DateChanger.zip
I am also having trouble downloading this zip file with the same error as the earlier poster. I had downloaded this file 3 years ago and used it successfully; however, my over-zealous virus software removed it. I would appreciate downloading this file again, please.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 80 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 57 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,705 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,176 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 200 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  incorrect first use date kguarino1 6 245 03-07-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 611 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.