Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50D+ Imports, But where is the data?
Gross 
CMS50D+ Imports, But where is the data?
I had this working  years ago with SleepyHead. 

I've tried installing OSCAR on my PC and macOS laptop, and I'm hitting the same issue on both. 

Oximeter: CMS50D+ from 2016 running FW 4.6 (is there a way to update FW?)

Note: Live reading works great, when plugged in. 

Issue: I am able to complete the import, however the data never appears for me to check out. I realize that my oximeter has really no concept of time and has to be manually synced, but for now I'm just clicking 'OK' to let it baseline from 00:00:00, so I can see the data. 

Back on the welcome screen, down in the oximetry section, I see: 

Most recent Oximetry data: December 31, 1999 (7398 day ago)

but i cant access or see any of the data. What's going on?

I must have messed something up
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50D+ Imports, But where is the data?
Hello dojo, and welcome to the forum!

I can only assume that you are importing your xPAP data first, then your oxi data???  And using the correct "oximeter type" in the drop down window for your model in the Import window?

Is there any way to set the date on the 50D+?  I use the 50F but it has both a time and date setting I can change.  If yours is saying 1999 then something is not right.  In windows are you able to use "SPO2 Assistent" to get the data off the unit and see what the times say?
SPO2 Assistent is available on the main contecmed site on their downloads page.

Have you updated your UART cable drivers lately?  You can get the latest one from https://www.silabs.com/products/developm...cp-drivers
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
hey Jeff,

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I actually don't have CPAP (yet). When I had my sleep study done, they suggested I may need it eventually, but I was above the threshold for needing it (but not by much). So nothing to sync with.

Yeah I'm using the correct oximeter type - the import actually completes (it doesn't work with the other types).

Brand new drivers on both.

I'll have to try SP02 assistant.

also - the 50D+ has no concept of time at all in settings. When I import, I choose the date and start time. But the data just isn't viewable.
Post Reply Post Reply
On our list is improving the oximeter imports. This means importing oximeter info stand alone, before, or after the import of CPAP data. Currently imports must come after the CPAP data is imported.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure the SpO2 waveforms are turned on in the File → Preferences → Waveforms → Oximeter Waveforms, - The left most checkbox is checked.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Under oscar you must have Cpap data to see oxymeter data. Sorry. To use just oxymeter data you have to use sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
This will be fixed in the next version.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2020, 04:35 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: This will be fixed in the next version.

what version? i now have 1.1.1 (previously had 1.0.1 I think?) and this still doesn't work Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
for what it's worth, symptoms are a bit different now, but identical for oscar on windows and macOS. the import completes, and when it goes to the next screen to sync time, and choose a manual time - I click the button to continue - and nothing happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Under oscar you must have Cpap data to see oxymeter data" was what I was referring to. 1.1.1 will show you oximetry without a CPAP.

What issue are you still having? I'm planning on substantial fixes to oximetry in one of the next major versions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 158 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: capman
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 236 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,028 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  CMS50D+ import issues moarZs 20 3,138 02-28-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.