Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50D+ chart
CMS50D+ chart
Hi,
I am glad that I found this forum, it is very informative and there is great support here from what I can see.

I had a sleep test done about 6 years ago and never received the results but was told that i had mild sleep apnea and was also told to buy a sleep apnea machine which i did with a full face mask. I tried it for a couple of days and gave up as I had air bubbles leak from my mouth periodically and this was very annoying.

I have been struggling for a very long time with staying asleep all night, i sleep for 20 minutes to 30 minute intervals and wake up.

I have contacted the sleep clinic requesting my results and in the mean time, i have purchased a CMS50D+ pulse oximeter and had it record my sleep last night and I am posting the summary here hoping that someone can help me interpret it.

[attachment=1650]    

Thanking you in advance Gilbert
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50D+ chart
great!

if you did the oximeter study without the CPAP machine being used then you do not appear to need CPAP.

I say this because:
1. your SpO2 is wonderful.
2. your BP is as low as one would expect in a healthy adult.

I would look elsewhere for reasons for waking so often. Consider body temperature, external influences like sounds, pet movements.

QAL

ps. if using a CPAP at same time, it is doing the trick!
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gilbert123,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much "quiescence" for the write up. I used the oximeter without the CPAP.

I took readings again last night and they were similar to the previous night so it looks like i will have to find out what is causing me to wake up every 20 minutes to 30 minutes all night for the last few years.

Do you not think that it could be a very mild case of sleep apnea? Like I said i never saw my report from 6 years ago when I did a sleep test and have requested it, hopefully they will give it to me.

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Your O2 looks great.
I'd keep measuring that for a week or 10 days just to see if
you are having any really bad days mixed with good ones.
waking up every 30 minutes sounds like a real drag.

Apart from getting a new sleep study done to check your breathing and brain waves.
Cant say for sure.
(cost vs benefits)

Around here a full sleep study costs about $6,000
A new ResMed S9 Autoset with all the options would be a fraction of that. ( around $800)
(Out of pocket.)
With SleepyHead and the S9 (or equivalent) you might be able to record any breathing irregularities and
get recommendations from your doctor.
This may help bring you closer to figuring out what is waking you up so often.
(You'll have to try several masks to find one that fits you well enough to be effective without much leakage)

Hang in there and don't give up!

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 505 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,418 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Started on BiLevel for UARS, how does chart look? squashedlikeabug 5 516 01-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Last Post: squashedlikeabug
Sad [CPAP] 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart) amfar33 4 508 12-19-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Chart mattw2019 1 379 10-31-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.