Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50D
CMS50D
I purchased a CMS 50D oximeter a few months ago but have lost any software that might have come with it. My hard drive failed last month but I have most of my files restored. However, when I try to download the oximeter data I get an error message that I need to load a driver of some sort. Can anybody help me with software suggestions or web page locations that I might find the needed drivers for the CMS unit.

Cheers, VegasPier
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50D
Click on "Supplier List" near the top of the forum page and scroll down to Supplier #19 and click on that link. Then click on manuals/downloads on Supplier #19's website. You should be able to find what you need there.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2013, 12:33 PM)b360155 Wrote: Click on "Supplier List" near the top of the forum page and scroll down to Supplier #19 and click on that link....

b36,

Thanks. Did all that and got down to the part where I needed to install the downloaded driver. I was warned that I was attempting to install a driver that was older than the one already installed. I stopped.

Since then I have found the software disc that came with the unit and have some of it up and running. I'm able to see real time data (SpO2) but I'm unable to download the recorded data(Sp02Review). I get a message that the downloading is in progress but then it seems to freeze as it does not complete the download.

Any ideas?

Cheers, VegasPier

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50D and Mirage FX
B36,

I will probably get yelled at for thread creep. I'm risking it because your machine and equipment is exactly the same as mine.

I have had very good results with the Quarto FX full face mask but I'm having some minor leaking issues. I'm a side sleeper and was wondering if you, or anybody, has had experience with the Mirage FX nasal mask?

Cheers, VegasPier
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2013, 05:09 PM)VegasPier Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 12:33 PM)b360155 Wrote: Click on "Supplier List" near the top of the forum page and scroll down to Supplier #19 and click on that link....

b36,

Thanks. Did all that and got down to the part where I needed to install the downloaded driver. I was warned that I was attempting to install a driver that was older than the one already installed. I stopped.

Since then I have found the software disc that came with the unit and have some of it up and running. I'm able to see real time data (SpO2) but I'm unable to download the recorded data(Sp02Review). I get a message that the downloading is in progress but then it seems to freeze as it does not complete the download.

Any ideas?

Cheers, VegasPier

VP:

I had an issue similar to yours and contacted Kevin Cooper at Supplier #19 by email and he sent me the following reply and it worked. My problem was that I didn't have the latest version of the driver and following these steps, I was able to update the driver and get everything working. Give it a shot and hopefully it'll work for you too.

"Hopefully I can help you troubleshoot this. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and had a few issues with connection when I first started working with it. After updating drivers, I have not had any issues since.
Once you have the correct version of the software you will need to make sure you have the correct USB driver for Windows 7. This is the CP210X driver that will allow Windows 7 to recognize the USB cable and device attached to the computer.
To check the CP210X driver you will first need to connect the oximeter to your computer. Then go to control panel and open Hardware and Sound. Near the top of the window that opens you should see Device Manager. Click on the Device Manager and you should see a list of devices and drivers that are on your computer. You should see Universal Serial Bus Controllers and COM Ports. Click on both of those and you should see CP210X on that list. Click on CP210X and then click driver on the top of the new window. Now select Update Driver and your computer will update your CP210X driver from the Silicon Labs website.
If you do not see the CP210X driver on the list in device manager, you will need to install that next. You can either go to my website at: http://www.pulseoxstore.com/Manuals-Downloads.html and click on Windows 7 driver or to Silicon Labs site at: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages...ivers.aspx and download the VCP driver kit.

Once getting the correct SPO2 Review software and the CP210X driver on your computer, your oximeter should connect."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50D and Mirage FX
(04-19-2013, 05:20 PM)VegasPier Wrote: B36,

I will probably get yelled at for thread creep. I'm risking it because your machine and equipment is exactly the same as mine.

I have had very good results with the Quarto FX full face mask but I'm having some minor leaking issues. I'm a side sleeper and was wondering if you, or anybody, has had experience with the Mirage FX nasal mask?

Cheers, VegasPier

VP:

Sorry, but no I haven't tried the Mirage FX. My mask experiences have been with the Swift FX nasal pillows, Mirage Liberty Hybrid, Mirage Quattro and the Quattro FX. For me, the Quattro FX was the answer as I get zero leaks most of the time. I believe it's very important to wash the mask cushion every day and wash your face to remove facial oils every night just before you go to bed to get a good seal. Another trick that has worked for me was I went down in size from a size medium headgear to a size small as the headgear stretches with use. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
B36,

Once again I tried all that. No luck. I've sent a message to Kevin in hopes that he will be able to solve the problem.

Thanks for you assistance. I would not have been able to get this far with out your help.

BTW, copied your comments on the nasal mask. My experience has been that I get a lot better seal if I wash the mask out daily as you suggest.

Cheers, VegasPier
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2013, 05:44 PM)b360155 Wrote: [quote='VegasPier' pid='34667' dateline='1366409385']

I had an issue similar to yours and contacted Kevin Cooper at Supplier #19 by email and he sent me the following reply and it worked. My problem was that I didn't have the latest version of the driver and following these steps, I was able to update the driver and get everything working. Give it a shot and hopefully it'll work for you too.

"Hopefully I can help you troubleshoot this. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and had a few issues with connection when I first started working with it. After updating drivers, I have not had any issues since.
Once you have the correct version of the software you will need to make sure you have the correct USB driver for Windows 7. This is the CP210X driver that will allow Windows 7 to recognize the USB cable and device attached to the computer.
To check the CP210X driver you will first need to connect the oximeter to your computer. Then go to control panel and open Hardware and Sound. Near the top of the window that opens you should see Device Manager. Click on the Device Manager and you should see a list of devices and drivers that are on your computer. You should see Universal Serial Bus Controllers and COM Ports. Click on both of those and you should see CP210X on that list. Click on CP210X and then click driver on the top of the new window. Now select Update Driver and your computer will update your CP210X driver from the Silicon Labs website.
If you do not see the CP210X driver on the list in device manager, you will need to install that next. You can either go to my website at: http://www.pulseoxstore.com/Manuals-Downloads.html and click on Windows 7 driver or to Silicon Labs site at: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages...ivers.aspx and download the VCP driver kit.

Once getting the correct SPO2 Review software and the CP210X driver on your computer, your oximeter should connect."

Hello b36,

It works! Operator error on this end. I never did collect any data to down load-never had the flashing green light signifying recording in progress. Anyway, It's working now. Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers, VegasPier
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't you hate it when that happens? Oh-jeez
Glad you got it figured out and working! Congrats
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has the CMS50DA+ replaced the CMS50D+ ?; usage notes camper2 0 1,877 06-23-2019, 09:15 PM
Last Post: camper2
Question Contec 'CMS50D Plus' oximeter has normal flexible hinges? Albert2 3 1,284 06-17-2019, 10:57 PM
Last Post: idlewire
  cms50d+ hyperionfall 7 1,787 05-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  CMS50F external oximeter probe on CMS50D+? rost 4 2,060 07-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Last Post: rost
  CMS50D+ Alarm? Peejay75 2 1,663 01-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Peejay75
  Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter Jim Bronson 14 5,297 12-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Still can't get CMS50D+ to work Jim Bronson 9 2,642 11-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Jim Bronson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.