Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50F Disposable probe p/n 230800037 ESC 0037
DESCRIPTION. usb10p left bending new bind oxygen probe

Mine just arrived a couple of hours ago and I am wearing one now as I type.
The readings are much more stable then when using the standard probe, I experience tachycardia during the daytime and when using my BiPAP. I take Beta blockers to help control mt heart.

I have experienced times when the standard sensor would come off my finger at night. I would also find in the reports large numbers of artifacts. When I found these online I decided to give them a try. They somewhat remind me of what I used when in the hospital. Except to move or remove a sensor in there required a whole new sensor to be installed. Several times I had to have new sensors as I would experience irritation after a few days on the same finger.

These, all you need to do is replace the tape. I decided to just take a 5-6" section of electrical tape and it works wonderfully. The supplied tapes (5 per sensor) have 2-square punch outs for alignment on your finfer But medical cloth tape or electrical tape works well also.

If you want accurate sleep oxygen/heart rate data I do recommend these sensors. It did take quite a while for them to arrive from china, but I am certainly glad I have then now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I now have one complete evening and night with this new probe. I used it for slightly more than 10.5 hours. My artifact percentage was down to 0.2 which appears to be during the time I was getting up. There were no other periods of missing data. My PR varied from 107 to 51 with an average og 81.4. I for once actually trust this data for accuracy. My O2 had a Basal of 96.1 and a low of 90. My average low was 93.1, this was with 3 liters of O2 being continuously fed into my tubing.
I has zero events below 88. My mental thinking/eyesight appears normal this morning.
Some morning I wake up unable to focus my eyesight and need to get on oxygen to correct the situation.So last night was a good night.

I highly recommend using this probe for sleep studies at home.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 6 6,431 12-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape