Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized.
CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized.
My doctor put me on supplementary oxygen. In order to understand what was going on better, I bought an overnight oximeter and, thanks to the thread “ CMS50F Pulse Oximeter and Mac Catalina issues”  learned that I’d need Windows, so I bought an an old Dell with Windows 7 Pro for $50. After going to the link supplied with the device, downloading the software I needed and then some clumsy trial and error, I got it working and got several nights worth of results.  But then one morning it didn’t work.  The SPo2 program said it didn’t recognize any device.  Because I hadn’t made any changes to anything (at least not knowingly) and because I had accidentally dropped the oximeter earlier, I assumed the problem was with the oximeter. So I bit the bullet and bought a new one. Fortunately, it was cheaper and came with an adult-sized finger cup.  Alas, I got the same response, device not recognized.  I uninstalled and and re-downloaded the software. In a different thread,  Jeff8356 said: “The latest Smart Device Assistant is v3.1.0.1 (Windows only) and works with both the newer CMS50F and the older versions as well.”  I assume  .03 is now the latest.  I looked at some posts to see if I could find an answer. I’ve tried the usual—be sure the oximeter is on, try a different cable, turn-it-off-turn-it-on, I even tried throwing money at the problem, ie, I bought a second device.  Other advice was either for other models or too technical for me.  I hope someone can help.

Windows 7 Pro. 
Contec CMS 50F software  ver. 2.0.7
SPO2 Assistant  V3 (3.1.0.3) on local disk C
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized.
Mine will only connect with the charging cord that came with it. It is an older csm50F
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Some thoughts:

Try disconnecting everything and reboot your computer

Make sure you are using the cable that came with the CMS50F.

Are you using a USB port directly in the computer, or are you going thru some type of USB hub?  If your using a HUB then try directly connecting to the computer.

If you have more than one USB port on the computer, try another port.  They can sometimes go bad.

When you got to import the data using Smart Device Assistant un-tick the box for Bluetooth.  I seem to remember that taking a long time trying to find a non-existent device when trying to use the cable.  And as far as I know the newer CMS50F models are not Bluetooth capable, unless they updated them at some point?

I'm still using Smart Device Assistant v3.1.0.1 with my older CMS50F so it looks like they updated the software at some point.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rebooting solved the problem. Thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
ThinMountainAir - Just to let you know, sometimes the Windows OS can develop Alzheimer's of the USB ports. The remedy is to go into Device Manager and delete all USB declarations in the Universal Serial Bus controllers section, then reboot. The system will rediscover the existing USB ports during the reboot process.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, good to know. Especially since my Windows is of advanced age.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am going to tag into this as I am having similar problems. I have a new CMS50F - after a LOT of computer time and hair-pulling, I have been able to get the unit to upload data to my computer through Smart Device Assistant V3(3.1.0.1).  I know where the data is on my machine and the file name BUT when I try to run the OSCAR wizard, - 1. it will not find the monitor although it is connected and on. - 2. - it will not find the .spo2 file(s) when I point it right at the location. It will see the demo.spo2 file but not the  
_user_1_1_20220814105802.SpO2 file. Any thought on why that may be?

Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Strangely enough, that demo.SpO2 files is usually stored in a different location and the software does not save your imported data there.

Contec changed the communication protocol with the newer CMS50F and OSCAR has not been able to directly connect with the cable.  Using the Smart Device Assistant software is currently the only option, then importing the SpO2 file.

When you open the Oximetry Wizard in OSCAR, check that you have the correct oximeter model selected.
Then when you click "Import from datafile saved from another program" (the floppy disk icon) you should get a File Explorer like window that will let you navigate to:

Code:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

You should see the imported SpO2 files there....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

The files are stored in two locations - I found the files you stated under virtualstore and those were accepted into OSCAR - I THINK - I don't see them on the OSCAR page but then I already had O2 data from an O2 Ring loaded and I a ASSUMING that once one is loaded, any additional ones are ignored???????

I will know for sure tomorrow morning!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2022, 04:10 PM)SKPC Wrote: .... I already had O2 data from an O2 Ring loaded ....

Correct.  You would need to delete the current days O2 Ring oximeter data then import the CMS50F.

If you choose to, go to the OSCAR menu bar and select: Data > Advanced > Purge Oximetry Data > Current Days
then import the CMS50F data.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 818 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 248 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 152 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 200 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 161 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 618 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 239 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.