Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized.
RE: CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized.
Great-info 

I will try that for the practice!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm back with some more needed assistance. I has 2 days (12 hours) worth of data on my Contec and I uploaded it this morning - it APPEARED to upload 2 files then asked if I wanted to merge - I said no - When I went to load it into OSCAR - no file was found. I went looking at the Contec program made a folder with data inside that appears to be from 2 days but has no .SPO2 files. When I went back to the monitor - nothing is there! Any insight you can give me now? I promise I DO learn with each new problem.

Dont-know Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm confused. Are you saying you had one straight 12-hour session? If you have the "F" model, then it can only store one session's data. If you stop it and start it again, it will overwrite the previous session's data. A session is one start and one stop. Only the "I" model can have multiple sessions.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you use File Explorer and go into
Code:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data
can you see the SpO2 file?

It should look something like "_user_1_1_20220815151456.SpO2"
The last section of the file name is YYYYMMDDhhmmss

And as Crimson Nape mentioned, it only stores one session at a time.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I read the literature, it will store 24 hours of data which will be 3 nights sleep for me - I THINK if I would have answered YES to the merge, I would have my data in a single SPO2 file - I will certainly try it again. Having said that, the folder named 2022081706216 that it made has 2 sets of data in it with file extensions .csv, .part, .txt. The CSV files are Excel files that I have 1 minute SPO2 and Pulse rates for that session. The TXT files are personal Info and the part are ??????
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be wrong on this as I have an older model CMS50F, but IIRC it stores UP TO 24 hours of data for a single session.  If you start a second session it overwrites the previous session.  Unless they updated the newer models to store more than one session.
The instructions that come with the unit have always been rather unclear.

As for the files in the folder the one with ".part" usually means partial.  I can't explain why those are there other than there may have been an error when it was downloading the data into Smart Device Assistant.  Being that the CSV file only contains one minute of data, do you have it set to start recording automatically?  And did you happen to stick you finger into the probe to activate the unit momentarily?  It may also explain why there is no SpO2 file, too short of a duration to record any useful SpO2 data???  But long enough to create a one minute CSV file.

Use the oximeter again tonight and try getting the data tomorrow morning.  See if that works for a single session.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

I was not clear in what I wrote = sorry - the CSV file is heart beats and SPO2 readings every minute for all night = 23,206 readings. The second large CSV file in that folder is the same but for the day before.

To answer your questions, I have the unit set for auto but find I must start it manually by pushing the power button - inserting the finger does not seem to start it automatically.

Single sessions work great now that I know how to get to them. I am going to start another sequence tonight and try again for 2 sessions only next time on Friday, I will say yes to the merge and see what happens. I will keep you informed!

Thanks for your input!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohwell 

I had 2 nights of sleeping info on my Contec and I uploaded it this morning. It uploaded the 2 separate sessions with the files extension .PART then asked i I wanted to merge them - this time I said YES and it then asked if I wanted to change the starting date / time - I did not. It made one file with the first day's date as a SPO2 file. SUCCESS!!!! so far. I then uploaded that file into OSCAR and THAT result was not so good. Both day's data was uploaded to the first day's info / graphs with a big blank space in the middle where no data was collected (daytime) and no Contec data was loaded into the second day. 

Oh Well - back to daily uploads but it was fun and worth the try.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's interesting.

What was asking you if you wanted to merge the files, the Smart Device Assistant software???

I'm wondering what would happen if you took one of those .part files and changed the extension to .SpO2 if it would then load into SDA as a regular file...
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
like Thanks Well-done GoodOne Thumbs-up-2 Great-info Good-work

The answer is YES!!!!! I changed the PART to SPO2 and it imported the file and fit it right in where it should be - looks great!!!!

This could eliminate the need to do the upload everyday - YEA!!!!!!!

I will try for 3 nights of data next - should work as that is 21 hours or less.

Different question - I have tried every way I can think of / it allows to export OSCAR data but no Pulse rate nor SPO2 data is exported. Am I missing something or it is just the way it is? If so, any plans in future updates to get this info included?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 810 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 235 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 151 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 200 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 159 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 615 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 237 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.