Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50F Pulse Oximeter and Mac Catalina issues
RE: CMS50F Pulse Oximeter and Mac Catalina issues
(06-09-2022, 02:28 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: If your current Mac is running Catalina then you likely have an Intel chipset.  Click on the Apple icon (top left ribbon) and "About this Mac".

Hi Jeff, Thanks.  Yes, I have Intel. I should have read the small print in "about this mac."  I looked at the Windows for Mac you suggested but I don't think I'll know how much space I'll need until after I go through all the steps to buy one or get a free one. You said you didn't have enough space so bought a cheap windows instead. I have only 16.1 GB available, which I assume isn't enough. I guess I'll look into getting a cheap Windows computer like you did.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2022, 01:06 AM)ThinMountainAir Wrote: You said you didn't have enough space so bought a cheap windows instead.

That was Bamf66, the OP, that bought the cheap Win laptop.

Yeah, 16GB will not be enough to run it on your Mac.   I have several VM's on an old external USB hard drive I use regularly, so that might be an option for you.
Although a decent USB drive will likely cost close to what an inexpensive windows machine would run you.  Fathers Day is coming up so you may be able to find some good sales.

Good luck....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR also runs decently on an 8GB Chromebook, as long as it has a decent (1366x768) display., USB port and extra uSD slot for data storage... I found mine on sale
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone.  I bought a Windows 7 for $50.  I thought I was computer literate. I'm not, just MAC somewhat literate. But after only three or four hours I got my CMS50F installed. I'd  share how I did it on a Windows 7 but I don't really know, I just tried a  lot of things.   I wore it last night and read the results this morning (not bad, I'm happy to say). Next is integrating it with OSCAR but that's for later.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2022, 08:42 AM)Bamf66 Wrote: Smile Smile Hello All! 

I downloaded OSCAR several weeks ago and it works flawlessly with my Mac (Catalina) ever since my machine stop sending my data to my iPhone in early April. 

Yesterday, I received the CMS50F Pulse Oximeter and used it for the night. In the morning, I imported all my data from my machine first. I then downloaded the SiLabs USBDrivers (v.6) and then ran the Oximeter Wizard, hooking my meter up to my Mac, when asked, but when it was done searching, it couldn't find my Oximeter. From what I read here there are issues with importing because of the company's updated software version on the Oximeter? (version 2.0.6)

I used every single drop down in the wizard I could to see if it would work but no go. Unfortunately, getting the *Sp02 file on my Mac and doing it that way is a no go because all the software by the Oximeter maker (Contec) and other software online is geared towards Windows users. I've read several threads here, searched online for other software and drivers, but nothing for Mac. 

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to fix this issue that wouldn't cause me to go out and buy a cheaply used Windows laptop so I can download the data? 

I'm sorry if this seems to be a redundant question to all you long-timers here. 

Any help would be appreciated. Smile

Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter 

Software ver. 2.0.6
Hardware ver. 2.0.0

iMac (Catalina)

Many of us are having the same issue.   I can't find any of the old versions of the CMS-50.  I have 2 CMS50E's one that the screen is barely readable, and the other won't hold enough charge to last more than a few minutes.  The CMS-F and I work fine, but I can't download either of them.   The easy way to identify whether it'll work seems to be its USB connection type.   If it's a USB-mini, it'll download directly.  If it's a USB-C it will not.   Is OSCAR working on a fix?   I've been using OSCAR/SH for years and would hate to have to try to find something else.      MacBook Pro - OS-13.1
Post Reply Post Reply
Due to the screen washout, as you experienced, and other reasons, a lot of us have moved to the Viatom/Wellue oximeters. No one that is contributing to OSCAR currently has the newer CMS-50 with the newer firmware. The newer firmware uses a USB/HID connection and not a straight USB with standard serial protocols. This ultimately means that there isn't any way to decode its communication protocols.

The Wellue recording oximeters offer Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS applications. The Wellue's binary data file can be imported into OSCAR version 1.4.0.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - 

I guess it's time to switch Pulse Oximeters.  
Easier than giving up OSCAR!

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there anything I need to ensure compatibility with OSCAR other than the model names listed on the Wiki?
[Image: thanks.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
For the Wellue/Viatom brand you will need to use the oximeter software (O2 Insight Pro) or the smartphone app (ViHealth) to get the data from from the oximeter. Then import that file into OSCAR.
See this wiki page: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import

The newer Contec units can also be imported in the same manner using their Smart Device Assistant software. It's Windows only but if you have a Mac and happen run VM software, it works fine.
More Contec info on this wiki page: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_import
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 148 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 192 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 156 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.