Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50F cannot download data even in the spo2
RE: CMS50F cannot download data even in the spo2
I use the following Method

1. Connect the CMS50F to the laptop and turn it on (On Windows 10 go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers\ check the device is recognised mine shows as 'Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3)')
2. Open SPO2 Assistant 3.04
3. Click the Serial port connector picture
4. SPO2 assistant should scan for the device (Make sure the USB box is ticked and the Bluetooth box is not ticked)
5. Click the line showing your device (Mine shows as Connection - COM3, Device - 50F, Company -, ID - Jason, Stored Data - Yes)
6. Tick the box View Device stored Data
7. You should then get a device stored Data Screen
8. Hit the tick box under user index
9. Press Receive data
10. The SPO2 file is downloaded to your PC in the Data Directory of SPO2 Assistant
11. Press ok

Let us know where it goes wrong for you
Post Reply Post Reply
Also tell us what firmware version your device displays when it starts up.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Step 4.

I leave the bluetooth box unchecked but it says no avilable device found. I do see the Silicon Labs driver in my devices.

About SpO2 Assistant:  SpO2 Assistant Version 3.0.4 copyright 2012-2019

Thanks a bunch!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2019, 03:17 PM)Sisyphus22 Wrote: Step 4.

I leave the bluetooth box unchecked but it says no avilable device found. I do see the Silicon Labs driver in my devices.

About SpO2 Assistant:  SpO2 Assistant Version 3.0.4 copyright 2012-2019

Thanks a bunch!

Do you see a COM port allocated to the Silicon LABS driver ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Com3 is what i see:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What is the firmware version of the CMS50F when you turn it on? You do turn it on before connecting to the computer, don't you?
Not a trick question, the device logic does not turn on when you plug in the USB cable.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It says Version 6.0 when i turn the power on on the device. I tried powering it up first then plugging it but it unfortunately produces the same result.
Post Reply Post Reply
The latest version that I knew worked with SleepyHead was 3.9, so there may have been a lot of changes along the way.
OTOH, the software supplied by Contec should have worked, although, again, they may have changed the SpO2 file format some.

Somebody will have to get a new CMS50F or I and attempt to decode the new formats.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a CMS50F with firmware 6.1, and SPO2 Assistant Ver. 3.04. here are the steps I follow after loading the CPAP data into Sleepyhead.
1. Start the Assistant program
2. Plug in the CMS50F powered off
3. Turn it on
4. Mark Retrieve data only
5. Select the user, then click retrieve data
6. Make Sleepyhead the active program Press F7 to get the import Oximetry data screen
7. Use the import from SpO2 file and make sure to adjust the time from the SpO2 file with the start time from Sleepyhead data.

The memory on the CMS50F is reset every time you start a recording session. Nothing on CMS50F Menu has a setting to erase the memory data.  I hope this helps you.. I used the CD that came with the CMS50F to install the Assistant Software Ver. 3.04 and the required drivers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 81 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 810 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,750 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,196 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,413 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 200 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.