Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50F cannot download data even in the spo2
CMS50F cannot download data even in the spo2
Hi guys,

After reading s many threads about how to transfer oximetry data from CMS50F from the device via the SPO2 assistant to sleepyhead I am now smarter.
But as well stupid enough since The SPO2 software does not connect to the cms50f. I have downloaded the driver from Silas’s , but in the software it still says device not found.

Any clues for extreme dummies? How to start from scratch? The only clue I found the to the CMS manual is that I need to find a button to upload. Was not able...

Cheers,

Andreas
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50F cannot download data even in the spo2
Andreas, whenever that happens to me, it's because I haven't turned on the oximeter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Picante,

So true, but not the case in my situation.
I have also downloaded the Silas COM port driver. Every time I connect the USB I see in the device manager that the port is activated. So at least this is working.
I tried also the combination in SPO2 assistant of only USB and Bluetooth combined but still device not found.
I have windows 10 at 64 bit and I downloaded proper driver. 
So options 1) I can think of is reinstalling software and driver port, 2) buy another oximeter with better connectivity, while crying for the investment.

I hope someone has another clue please? I really want to see why even now with dropping my AHI from 6-7 to 0.5 I do not feel any better....
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2018, 07:32 PM)andreasnasioudis Wrote: I have also downloaded the Silas COM port driver.

I reading your post and have a question. What was wrong with the USB driver that is supplied with the SpO2 Assistant software? Did it not work?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To perform a download the CMS unit needs to be in the menu and depending on version upload selected. Connect the unit to your Pc select open the software then press the button on the front of the unit so it is in the configuration menu. Then hit refresh/search in the spo2 software and the unit should be found. If you have upload as an option in the configuration menu select that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jas,

I have cms50f version 6.0. It does not have an upload button in the configuration menu. 
When I connect the USB to the laptop you hear the usual connecting sound. In the device manager I see a port/com device being added.i open the software and even with the refresh button nothing is found.

But miraculously! I uninstalled the driver and the next time I connected it the driver got reactivated and connected.

One of those stupid things....

Thanx to all....now the expedition to bring the data to sleepy head starts.

Cheers

Andreas
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2018, 03:07 AM)andreasnasioudis Wrote: Thanx to all....now the expedition to bring the data to sleepy head starts.

Cheers

Andreas

Oh, good, I'm glad you can look at your SpO2 data finally.

Let me know when you figure out the import process. Twice already I've somehow managed to import into the wrong day, thereby superposing a new oximetry graph onto the one already there.

On 12-26 I imported some oximetry data for the 25th. It imported into the 12-24 file instead, and I had the 2 superposed oximetry graphs. So I purged the oximetry data, and the CPAP data survived the purge ... until 12-27 when it came up blank. And it won't reimport, which is a shame, since I lowered my pressure in between sessions, and my AHI improved drastically.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2018, 01:59 PM)picante Wrote: . . . So I purged the oximetry data, and the CPAP data survived the purge ... until 12-27 when it came up blank. And it won't reimport, . . .

Does this condition still exist after you rebuilt your CPAP data?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, I was afraid to try that. It gave me a warning message that all my data might be affected, not just that day's. I would lose all my notes, wouldn't I?
And do you do that with the SD card in the computer or not?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Data->Rebuild CPAP Data option will rebuild all the data that SleepyHead has imported into its program database.  No, you don't need the SD card in because you aren't importing any new data. As for Note loss; I don't know about that one. Good question! Try it and let me know how it comes out. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 10 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,722 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,190 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 197 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.