Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50F v6.1 time problem in OSCAR
CMS50F v6.1 time problem in OSCAR
I'm now running OSCAR 1.1.1 but have had this same problem in the earlier releases of OSCAR too. 

I have the time set to within a minute in both my AiriSense10 and my CMS50F. When I go to bed, I start recording on the CMS50F and breathing with the AirSense10 within a few seconds of each other. In the morning, the AirSense10 data imports into OSCAR and the start and end times are correct and I can see the initial pressure ramp. When I import the CMS50F and select it to use the AirSense10 start time, the resulting traces start in sync, but by the end of the sleep cycle the CMS50 data goes about 10 minutes past the actual end time. 

In the middle of the session last night, I got up for 5 minutes, which stopped my AirSense session, and I pulled my finger out of the CMS50F. Sure enough, when I downloaded all the data in sync with the beginning, the time of the middle of the night break in AirSense session and the CMS50F loss of pulse gap was off by 10 minutes. 

It seems like the CMS50F adds and extra 10 minutes of data before it actually is even turned on record, but I can't even imagine how that could happen.

What am I doing wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50F v6.1 time problem in OSCAR
I noticed there is always a discrepancy in the times between the two.  Even gone so far as to carefully document the start and end times of both using my phones clock.  The CMS50F was always longer than the xPAP.  Whatever they use to keep time in the 50F seems to speed up through the night.  There is nothing we can do but compensate for it.

I got into the habit of turning off the 50F as soon as I awaken.  I leave my xPAP attached and running for few more minutes, as long as it takes me to get untangled, stretch and get out of bed.  Then shut off my xPAP.  That usually narrows it down to <2 minutes, sometimes the timing lines up just right.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50F v6.1 time problem in OSCAR
Are you importing to OSCAR directly from your CMS50F by cable? There is a known error in the oximeter importer that results in extra data being "imported." The workaround is to use the SpO2 Assistant to read the data and place it in a data file. Then import the data file into OSCAR. This import appears accurate.

In my case, when I looked at the directly imported SpO2 chart, I could see a repetitive pattern in the first 10 minutes that indicated duplicated data. The duplicate data is not limited just to the beginning of the file. I had one case where the SpO2 file was at least 30 minutes longer than it should have been.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Display average AHI over time period ? Bernard Flapdoodle 1 109 04-09-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 963 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 3 281 03-30-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 149 03-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 1,020 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 346 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 189 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.