Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50FW - Unable to delete data from the device.
CMS50FW - Unable to delete data from the device.
I’m unable to delete the recorded user data from my new CMS50FW.

Using the “SPO2 Assistant” software that came with the pulse ox I select “File-Device Stored Data” and select the session to be deleted.  When I select “Delete Data” and confirm my selection I receive an error message that states, “Device does not support this feature”.

I’ve also tried to use the sleepyhead software to delete the data from the pulse ox. While I don’t receive an error message, it does not remove the data.

I’m using:
Windows 10 Home version 1803
SPO2 Assistant Version 3.0.4
CMS50FW Firmware version 3.8W

Any assistance would be appreciated.

George
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50FW - Unable to delete data from the device.
Unless they changed the CMS-550F from the CMS-50F, only one session can be stored. Starting a new session will erase the old one.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GeorgeBill, welcome to the forum!

I'm curious why you want to delete the information from the oximeter.  As Crimson Nape says, the device will overwrite "old" data so there's no danger of it filling up it's little bit bin and stop recording.

I have a CMS50F, and its specifications are "up to 72 hours" of data storage.  In the past I've been able to record two and even three night's sleep on it but over time it must have adjusted to my habit of downloading on a daily basis and now it "automagically" overwrites the previous night's data even though it wasn't downloaded.

FWIW, the only thing I've been able to tell the device is a user name.  All other data and/or instructions were ignored as yours was.

Oh, is your device labeled "CMS50FW"?  Although a wrist-mounted device, the previous versions have been designated "CMS50F".  However, some of those were not capable of recording multiple segments as mine (temporarily) was so it's clear that Contec has not changed the device designation when firmware changes were made.  Maybe this is a first?  Begs the question what other changes might have been incorporated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked it out and you’re absolutely right!  Thanks!!  That was a classic example of trying to make something easy into a difficult process.

George
Post Reply Post Reply
The manual that came with the oxymeter had a statement saying that when the memory was full it would alarm.  Of course the manual didn’t say what to do about it, so when I saw that there was an option in the software to delete user records I guess I added 2 plus 2 and came up with 5  Thinking-about  I didn’t see anything in the manual about it overwriting previous data, but maybe I missed seeing that. Glad that it does. Makes things MUCH easier.

The CMS-50FW is the same unit as the CMS-50F except that it includes Bluetooth wireless capability.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2018, 02:13 PM)GeorgeBill Wrote: <snip>

The CMS-50FW is the same unit as the CMS-50F except that it includes Bluetooth wireless capability.

duh!  Certainly, forgot that.

Hope the thing gives you great service.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 79 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 229 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Possible to delete a night of data & should I Plmnb 1 132 03-10-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,410 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.