Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50I Firmware, Driver (LInux) questions
RE: CMS50I Firmware, Driver (LInux) questions
(11-13-2019, 11:19 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Did you turn it on?...
For some reason, the USB powers the serial-to-USB chip, and my even turn on the display (I can't remeber), but nothing will happen unless you turn on the oximeter.
I recommend turning on the oximeter and entering the menu, then plugging in the USB, then starting the upload wizard.
At first glance, the result you posted looks correct. What is your firmware version?
I'll be working on at least the 50F version (B400) from Torontek fairly soon.

Yes, of course.

The only thing above I haven't tried is turning on, then plugging in cable.

Will try that.

Firmware is 2.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2019, 05:31 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 11:19 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Did you turn it on?...
For some reason, the USB powers the serial-to-USB chip, and my even turn on the display (I can't remeber), but nothing will happen unless you turn on the oximeter.
I recommend turning on the oximeter and entering the menu, then plugging in the USB, then starting the upload wizard.
At first glance, the result you posted looks correct. What is your firmware version?
I'll be working on at least the 50F version (B400) from Torontek fairly soon.

Yes, of course.

The only thing above I haven't tried is turning on, then plugging in cable.

Will try that.

Firmware is 2.0.

So some progress. The above allows OSCAR to recognize and, it seems, access the data.

But when I get to last step, no setting I try results in the data showing up.

I wanted to just use the oximeter time, but when I tried that, nothing.

When I tried the other option, says I have no session, which is not true.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen that calendar problem, and I think it was fixed, but I'm not sure. I will be taking another look at the oximeter shortly, so it will be working in our next release.
I will work on clarifying the instructions for uploading using USB, as well.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2019, 07:20 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I have seen that calendar problem, and I think it was fixed, but I'm not sure. I will be taking another look at the oximeter shortly, so it will be working in our next release.
I will work on clarifying the instructions for uploading using USB, as well.

Great. Let me know if I can help test. I'm running off the GitLab master code.

The UI is pretty confusing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Am I OK on firmware?

I thought I was maybe behind; hence the question about whether there's a way for me to update it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've experienced the "No Data on that date" problem.   I had to go into the date box option and reset it to the the proper session date and time.   I keep forgetting that the CPAP date is the previous day.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2019, 10:18 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I've experienced the "No Data on that date" problem.   I had to go into the date box option and reset it to the the proper session date and time.   I keep forgetting that the CPAP date is the previous day.

Hah, and this goes to my note about the UI: how do you do this?

I tried doing +1 and -1 on the thing on the top left, but didn't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been awhile since I last used my oximeters,  I'll try to find them and give it a try on the most recent code.  
Please don't expect a reply in the next few hours. So far this has been the week from hell. Currently, there are more alligators than there is swamp and they are breeding like rabbits.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2019, 10:29 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It has been awhile since I last used my oximeters,  I'll try to find them and give it a try on the most recent code.  
Please don't expect a reply in the next few hours.  So far this has been the week from hell.  Currently, there are more alligators than there is swamp and they are breeding like rabbits.

I never do; next week would probably still be helpful, and maybe in interim someone else will answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the calendar is really upset, as your oximeter has no Real time clock the date and time is not set and causes OSCAR to spit a dummy and the calendar to not sho a valid date and time. I think Phil needs to work on it a bit so if there is no date set it defaults to yesterday ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 125 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 210 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 432 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,307 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 668 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,783 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.