Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50K & Sleepyhead?
CMS50K & Sleepyhead?
I just got the CMS50K Pulse Oximeter and I can't get it to work with Sleepyhead software. Is it not compatible? I read a post somewhere and the person said it did so that is why I bought it. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50K & Sleepyhead?
(08-06-2018, 07:57 PM)pagrandma59 Wrote: I just got the CMS50K Pulse Oximeter and I can't get it to work with Sleepyhead software. Is it not compatible? I read a post somewhere and the person said it did so that is why I bought it. Thanks

I have also currently been looking into this, and as it seems the K version is not supported. As per this page:

Quote:The following are supposed to work with SleepyHead Software to track along with your CPAP data.
  • Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters
  • Other companies, such as Pulox, simply rebadge Contec CMS50's under new names, such as the Pulox PO-200, PO-300, PO-400. These should also work.
  • ResMed S9's oximeter attachment
  • ChoiceMMed MD300W1 oximeter .dat files

Research is always better done before a purchase.
In pursuit of a goodnight sleep | Receive a discount at Wellue Health
Post Reply Post Reply
pagrandma59, I have a 50F so can't speak with authority about your device.  However, I am skeptical that Contec has addressed the severe shortcomings of their previous units, so this may help: several others in the forum have found that it's easiest to just export the CMS data file and import that into SleepyHead.  Have you given this a shot?

Please keep us posted on your results!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2018, 07:57 PM)pagrandma59 Wrote: I just got the CMS50K Pulse Oximeter and I can't get it to work with Sleepyhead software. Is it not compatible? I read a post somewhere and the person said it did so that is why I bought it. Thanks

Hi pagrandma59 - Welcome

Have you tried to import the ".SpO2" file downloaded by SpO2 Assistant?  Just make sure you move or copy the file to another directory, other than where this software downloaded it.  SpO2 Assistant has managed to change the permissions on this directory to prevent SleepyHead from importing it directly.

Edit: Also, there are 2 different version import options listed for the CMS-50. Did you try both versions?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason I was having this same problem with my CMS50F. To make a long story short: Imported CMS50F data into SPO2 assistant and saved as a SPO2 File (.SpO2) , I then imported this file into SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SpO2 Assistant assigns write and read protection to any file in its data folder.  You MUST move or copy the file to another folder. Try creating a new folder in the "My Documents" directory and put a copy there.  The reason I am recommending you have a separate folder is because, as time goes by, you will have many .spo2 files and need to keep them in a location where you will be able to easily find them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just taken a closer look at the CMS50K, it's an interesting device, because it can be used for sports purposes as well.

I'm curious if the OP can make it work with the described method. Hopefully the SpO2 file isn't different in a way that SleepyHead can not import it.
In pursuit of a goodnight sleep | Receive a discount at Wellue Health
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CMS50K Oximeter snyd71 17 9,309 11-01-2018, 08:05 AM
Last Post: William Habke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.