Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50iW wrist oximeter info download & use
CMS50iW wrist oximeter info download & use
I just got a CMS50iw oximeter. I am looking for some help trying to download the data session from last night but can't connect to the software. Anyone have any expertise with this.
The cms50iw is similar to the 50f but it is the wireless version. Tried connecting usb and wireless but doesn't seem to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50iW wrist oximeter info download & use
When I connect the usb cable the software doesn't find any devices connected. Must be defective. The wireless function is enabled but that isn't recognized either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's info on how to get the data via the SpO2 Review software. It is the only way to download the data. After that, if you want, you can import it into SleepyHead. Both articles discuss the CMS 50D /50D Plus but the process is the same.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2012, 11:48 AM)bryank1 Wrote: When I connect the usb cable the software doesn't find any devices connected. Must be defective. The wireless function is enabled but that isn't recognized either.

Hi bryank1,

1. For benefit of others who may not know, the software only works on Windows (or on Mac if running a Windows emulator like Parallels).

2. After connecting the CMS50iw to PC using the USB cable, you must also turn ON the CMS50iw by pushing the power button using a long push (more than a couple seconds). Too short of a push will only show status of battery charging).

3. Not sure but may need to start software only after unit is connected by USB and is turned ON.

I use the same model, and I am very happy with it. I'll see if I can locate and send you the user guide.

--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Vsheline, could you please review the SpO2 Review software link I provided above and tell me if your oximeter differs much in terms of using the software?

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2012, 01:36 PM)vsheline Wrote: I use the same model, and I am very happy with it. I'll see if I can locate and send you the user guide.

Supplier #19 has the CMS-50i user manual and download help instructions (two separate files) in its Manuals/Downloads section.

Incidentally, the manufacturer recommends recharging the built-in rechargable battery daily (between each night of use), but I have had no problem going 2 or 3 nights between charges.

When not linked to your computer wirelessly, the CMS-50iw stores up to 13 separate sessions totaling up to 36 hours of data before it is full and will not start recording data again until all data has been erased. Or, if connected to your computer using Blutooth, of course your computer can record a virtually unlimited number of sessions and hours, with no need to ever again use the USB cable except to recharge the battery.

I like the CMS-50iw a lot and recommend it to others. However, let me add two more comments on the CMS-50iw:

The user interface on the CMS-50i/50iw uses a short button push to step across (without selecting or performing) a menu item, and uses a long button push to select/perform a menu item. Unfortunately, the user interface still does not ask for confirmation before deleting all data, so be very careful to only "short push" (not "long push") on this menu item unless you really do want to erase all data. In particular, immediately after waking up and turning off Recording and while still groggy, user will need to "short push" to pass across the "Delete All Data" option in order to get to the Exit menu option. If by mistake user Long Push not Short Push, user no be happy.

Also, the CMS-50iw will not be able to successfully pair wirelessly to your computer unless your computer's Blutooth interface offers the option during pairing to "Skip Handshaking Step" or skip some such verification option, because the CMS-50iw has no ability to enter a handshake code during pairing. (One of my computers allows skipping this step and successfully paired with the CMS-50iw, but an old laptop of mine does not and cannot.) The computer and CMS50iw only need to be paired once (the first time they connect wirelessly). After that, the data can be stored directly on the computer as you sleep.

Take care, and welcome to the forum.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2012, 01:36 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 11:48 AM)bryank1 Wrote: When I connect the usb cable the software doesn't find any devices connected. Must be defective. The wireless function is enabled but that isn't recognized either.

Hi bryank1,

1. For benefit of others who may not know, the software only works on Windows (or on Mac if running a Windows emulator like Parallels).

2. After connecting the CMS50iw to PC using the USB cable, you must also turn ON the CMS50iw by pushing the power button using a long push (more than a couple seconds). Too short of a push will only show status of battery charging).

3. Not sure but may need to start software only after unit is connected by USB and is turned ON.

I use the same model, and I am very happy with it. I'll see if I can locate and send you the user guide.

--- Vaughn

I'm using a windows xp pc, I finally was able to connect through bluetooth, but when I go to the sp02 software and click connect there are no devices listed to select. This this the same scenario when using the usb cable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2012, 08:05 PM)bryank1 Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 01:36 PM)vsheline Wrote:

Hi bryank1,

--- Vaughn

I'm using a windows xp pc, I finally was able to connect through bluetooth, but when I go to the sp02 software and click connect there are no devices listed to select. This this the same scenario when using the usb cable.

Thanks Vaughn,

Just found out from the supplier (can't list supplier here, would be breaking forum rules) that there the drivers that come with the device are buggy and there are better drivers that they have. He is going to be sending me the link for those drivers (sorry can't post the link here, if you e-mail me direct, I can send it to you after I know it works).
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2012, 08:05 PM)bryank1 Wrote: I'm using a windows xp pc, I finally was able to connect through bluetooth, but when I go to the sp02 software and click connect there are no devices listed to select. This this the same scenario when using the usb cable.

Supplier #19 also has in his manuals & downloads section a USB driver installer program. Maybe running the USB driver installer will fix the issue you're having with USB cable. The driver installer says it supports Windows 7 but it also works several other versions of Windows, such as Vista and XP.

Also, if you bought unit from Supplier #19, email him to ask for support.

I think it may be too early to conclude yet that the unit you received is defective and ask for a replacement.

My CMS-50iw has no USB issues on my old WinXP machine or new Win7 machine, both of which I keep up-to-date using Windows Update.

I suppose you have already tried a different USB cable? Any way to try a different computer, maybe a friend's?

Good luck in getting the problem resolved.

--- Vaughn

Adding note: I did not see your lastest post before I wrote the above.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2012, 03:11 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Vsheline, could you please review the SpO2 Review software link I provided above and tell me if your oximeter differs much in terms of using the software?

Hi PaulaO2,

Thanks for all the work you do for the forum.

The older software (SpO2 and SpO2 Review) which I think must be used with the CMS-50d do not work with the CMS-50i. I use the newest version of SpO2 Assistant.

I had not tried importing the pulse/ox data into SleeyHead before now. I use ResScan. And the SpO2 Assistant both downloads data from CMS-50i/iw and analyses/plots the data.

I tried to import data into SH and looks like SH does not yet support importing the new .spo2 format used by the SpO2 Assistant program which must be used with the CMS-50i or CMS-50iw.

Take care.
---Vaughn

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 66 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 134 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 181 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 659 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 247 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 679 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.