Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50iW wrist oximeter info download & use
RE: CMS50iW wrist oximeter info download & use
Quote:Just found out from the supplier (can't list supplier here, would be breaking forum rules) that there the drivers that come with the device are buggy and there are better drivers that they have. He is going to be sending me the link for those drivers (sorry can't post the link here, if you e-mail me direct, I can send it to you after I know it works).

You can give the name of the supplier as long as the .com bit is not part of their name. The preferred method, if the supplier is in the supplier list, is to simply say "Supplier #x". Such as:

"The software is found in the download section of Supplier #19."
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2012, 11:19 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 03:11 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Vsheline, could you please review the SpO2 Review software link I provided above and tell me if your oximeter differs much in terms of using the software?

Hi PaulaO2,

Thanks for all the work you do for the forum.

The older software (SpO2 and SpO2 Review) which I think must be used with the CMS-50d do not work with the CMS-50i. I use the newest version of SpO2 Assistant.

I had not tried importing the pulse/ox data into SleeyHead before now. I use ResScan. And the SpO2 Assistant both downloads data from CMS-50i/iw and analyses/plots the data.

I tried to import data into SH and looks like SH does not yet support importing the new .spo2 format used by the SpO2 Assistant program which must be used with the CMS-50i or CMS-50iw.

Take care.
---Vaughn

I have messed around with the SpO2 Assistant as it works with the CMS 50D Plus. If I remember correctly, it acted more like a launcher.

My oximeter is leaving marks on my finger and makes it sore for the entire day. I have fragile skin so I'm not surprised. I've been considering getting the wrist version to see if it would work better for me.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2012, 01:35 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: My oximeter is leaving marks on my finger and makes it sore for the entire day. I have fragile skin so I'm not surprised. I've been considering getting the wrist version to see if it would work better for me.

Try your thumb instead of a finger.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an update:

The CMS50iw is designed to work with the sp02 assistant ver. 2.2 or higher (not version 1.0).

In my case, after the Silicon Labs usb driver is installed you have to edit the driver info, goto hardware, click on the driver copy & past into a browser. It searches for the actual driver on the internet. I installed that driver and then windows. The unit connected after that through usb. So I can now download the recorded data from the device directly into the sp02 assistant.

Apparently the device is so new there seems to be problems with the bluetooth drivers so I cant use the real time data. The manufacturer and distributor is sending out a bluetooth adapter as a hopeful fix and hopefully the manufacturer will get to updating the drivers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an informational update:

I have found that since using the pulse oximeter the logged data is subjective to placement and movement. I believe it is possible to get accurate results, however the device has to be placed a fairly precise spot on the finger (I would believe it would be to place it where you get the highest ox. reading but not sure). If it moves even slightly after being placed the reading will change, thus creating an inaccurate result. The device comes uncalibrated out of the box but I believe the specs are accurate without having it calibrated (I think it is .2%).

We all move when we sleep so it may be difficult to get an accurate reading. You may never know if you moved the position of the sensor unless you can video record each second and match it to a data log.
I still haven't figured out how to import the data into Sleepyhead but I know there is a way. If anyone has done this I am open ears.

Thanks, Bryan

Post Reply Post Reply
This is for the 50D. Maybe it will work for you. But I think I already mentioned it to you earlier in the thread.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

When I use the oximeter (I don't have your model), I look for the sudden drop in O2 along with a sudden drop in pulse. For most folks, the lower the O2 gets, the higher the heart rate gets. If I have a sudden drop in both, then I know it moved.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2012, 10:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: This is for the 50D. Maybe it will work for you. But I think I already mentioned it to you earlier in the thread.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

When I use the oximeter (I don't have your model), I look for the sudden drop in O2 along with a sudden drop in pulse. For most folks, the lower the O2 gets, the higher the heart rate gets. If I have a sudden drop in both, then I know it moved.

So far I only have the wrist oximeter recording into the device and I have to download the data stored in it overnight to the Sp02 software. Is the only way to get this to interface with Sleepyhead via realtime. On my model that function (wireless mode) isn't working yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
So you can't get SH to see the data file? SH should see the SpO2 format. Did you read the instructions in the link I provided? Since you know how to download it from the oximeter to your computer, then you can just click on the "Importing Data..." link at the top of that page.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I meant to put the last post in this thread here. As an update, the function switch on CMS50IW broke so it is being returned. I was initially able to get the recorded data off the device into the SP02 Assistant, but the files are not compatible with Sleepyhead. The supplier is going to replace with a different device.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 66 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 134 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 181 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 659 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 248 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 679 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.