Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How do you drink your COFFEE? [for coffee drinkers only]
This poll is closed.
Black
44.07%
26 44.07%
with cream, creamer or milk PLUS sugar or sweetener
16.95%
10 16.95%
with cream, creamer or milk only
20.34%
12 20.34%
with sugar or sweetener only
5.08%
3 5.08%
Other [please explain in a reply]
13.56%
8 13.56%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

COFFEE POLL - how do you drink it?
RE: COFFEE POLL - how do you drink it?
Totally black with a bit of sugar.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I primarily drink press pot (french press) or Aero Press. Home roasted and freshly ground. Black.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do milk and honey, or cream (sometimes flavored, sometimes not) and honey.
Post Reply Post Reply
First of all, the coffee itself has to be espresso shot, not filter or plunger. I'll make allowances when I'm on holiday, when I will take a little Moka pot with me. Next best thing.

After that, warmed (not hot) milk, ideally with a little 'microfoam' on top (made using a steam wand).

Here in Oztralia, that's a 'flat white'.

At home I use a fully auto machine that, with one button press, grinds fresh beans, measures the correct portion of grounds into the brew group filter, tamps it down, then pushes the water through to make an espresso shot - just like the 'proper' espresso machines in a coffeeshop. This is 95% as good as your average barista will make in a high street cafe, but of course much quicker and easier. The machines take a while to set up to your taste but, once set, just hit that button and bingo.

I use supermarket beans, a brand called 'Harris' that's 100% Arabica (therefore naturally moderate caffeine content). Usually around AUD17/kilo, so pretty cheap.

Now I need a fix.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
lots-o-coffee

Cant-sleep-well
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Organize Charts
Post Reply Post Reply
Over a large cuppa ice with sweet creamer...usually mocha chocolate, or vanilla...sometimes a lil' bit o' both.

It's a Southern Thang that just can't be explained!

FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
100% black with no additions via a V60 pourover, every time. If you approach the process scientifically, you don't need cream/sugar. The coffee is plenty sweet enough.

I'm pretty into coffee and take everything involved with it to the highest level that I can control, because I want good, consistent coffee. Your grinder and beans are the most important parts of that equation, but it's also necessary to weigh the coffee beans and the water used to make it (either beforehand or the yield as you're collecting). I know that you're probably reading that and thinking "That's obsessive", but what good is it if you're eyeballing everything and make the best cup of coffee ever, but you can't repeat the results? Weighing everything ensures that you're going to get the exact same result every time, unless you tweak some other variable like water temperature, pouring technique, grind size, etc.

I love coffee.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup 3-4 Cups of COFFEE good for you! SuperSleeper 28 3,978 06-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Last Post: upsman
  Keurig coffee machine GrammaBear 26 2,581 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Thumbsup The COFFEE Thread SuperSleeper 62 6,289 03-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 1,092 09-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Sacked for having a cup of coffee on the job zonk 44 4,778 06-19-2016, 04:28 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Coffee - latte GrammaBear 20 2,763 01-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: S10wanderer
  Poll: 2015 White Christmas? PollCat 30 3,000 01-10-2016, 03:58 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.