Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CONTEC CMS50E Oximeter and Sleepyhead
CONTEC CMS50E Oximeter and Sleepyhead
This came in the mail today and I was pleased to see that Sleepyhead supports it. I was able to upload a 15 minute test run, but then came the problem - where oh where is the information displayed?

I can't figure out how to view the data!

That would be OK, I suppose, if the supplied software would work. But what came in the box was a teeny little optical disk that I have no way of reading on my computer!

Undaunted I started searching the web and fairly soon found what seems to be the right software and installed the SPO2 assistant. Unfortunately it doesn't recognize the device! I looked in the "Devices and Printers" menu in Windows 7 and was able to satisfy myself that it is there.

The oximeter isn't going to be of any use unless I can save the data to my computer! I really don't want to have to decide I wasted a hundred bucks.

So, does anyone know how to read the oximetry import from within Sleepyhead? I mean it isn't much use to be able to import the data if you can't read it!

I've read the review thread in the Review forum and can't find anything out about my problem there.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions!
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CONTEC CMS50E Oximeter and Sleepyhead
I'm not familiar with the Contec devices, but here's some info Paula wrote on getting the CMS50D to work with SleepyHead:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Not sure if the 50E will work the same as the 50D as described in that link or not...

Hopefully someone else familiar with all this can reply soon.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
That small disc will work with your usual CD drive. Just put it in the middle. There may actually be a groove for it.

How to use the SpO2 software:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

How to import the data into SleepyHead:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

I wasn't the one who wrote the second article, that was someone else. The article refers to the 50D Plus and an older version of SH but the method should still work. I need to test it to see if it still does. Check the SleepyHead help files for information on how to import it, too.

http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...sers_Guide
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply, Paula. There were enough hints at the linked articles to let me figure out how to make SpO2 work, at any rate. I did a 15 minute test record and looked at some nice graphs. Very funky software, though.

So I can at least see my O2 and Pulse rates and record and save them. So that makes the money spent on the wee device not a waste. The battery is still not quite fully charged so I think I will wait until tomorrow night to do a full run.

One little trick under Windows 7 is that the software couldn't write it's files to the default directory without Administrator privileges. That stumped me for five minutes.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
If your intent is to integrate the SpO2 data into Sleepyhead, then here are some pointers. Your 50E has to be turned on and the USB cable connected to it and the computer. In Sleepyhead download the sleeping data from your CPAP first. Then go to the oximetery wizard and select Import Directly from the Recording Device. You will probably get a warning that the user name is different; just ignore the warning and select the "OK" button. After the data is imported it will provide you with 2 options. 1-will be to use the 50F's time stamp or 2-use a CPAP recorded session as the beginning time. The best option to select will be to use the CPAP session time. You will then have additional data in the Statistics, Daily, and Overview reports for your SpO2 levels and your pulse rates.

I hope this is of some help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2015, 07:49 AM)sgearhart Wrote: If your intent is to integrate the SpO2 data into Sleepyhead, then here are some pointers. Your 50E has to be turned on and the USB cable connected to it and the computer. In Sleepyhead download the sleeping data from your CPAP first. Then go to the oximetery wizard and select Import Directly from the Recording Device. You will probably get a warning that the user name is different; just ignore the warning and select the "OK" button. After the data is imported it will provide you with 2 options. 1-will be to use the 50F's time stamp or 2-use a CPAP recorded session as the beginning time. The best option to select will be to use the CPAP session time. You will then have additional data in the Statistics, Daily, and Overview reports for your SpO2 levels and your pulse rates.

Well I do appreciate your taking the time to write this out. As it happens I have already got that far along. What I can't see is any actual data, but I suspect this is because after the import the unit's data is erased.

I was able to see about an hour of recorded data this morning using the SpO2 Review program. Because the battery wasn't fully charged last night I didn't try to record my whole sleeping session, but after I awoke around 4:30 I did use it for the rest of the night.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
The SpO2 Assistant software downloads 3 files to your computer; a .SpO2, a .csv, and a .txt . You can import the .SpO2 file directly into SH. So if you can see the data in SpO2 Assistant, then the needed file is on your computer.

You're using an F model so it will only keep the last recorded data session. You can read it all you want to without it being erased. As soon as you start another record session, the previous data is erased at that time. You don't have the ability to start and stop and restart a session. Once you start s recording session, you have to let it keep recording until you are totally finished.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2015, 01:41 PM)sgearhart Wrote: You're using an F model so it will only keep the last recorded data session.

Not sure what you mean by "an F model" - the model number ends with an "E". CMS50E

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2015, 02:37 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(02-17-2015, 01:41 PM)sgearhart Wrote: You're using an F model so it will only keep the last recorded data session.

Not sure what you mean by "an F model" - the model number ends with an "E". CMS50E

You are correct sir! You know us rednecks can't read. In fact many people from the rest of the world believe that the words "Sister" and "Mother" can be used as synonyms down here.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm looking to purchase a SP02 machine at some point but only use the ResScan software. Hopefully I can see data with that.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what.
(Professor Sir Arthur Eddington, astrophysicist)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 150 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 194 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 158 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 236 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 124 19,814 12-28-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.