Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[COVID-19] Corona Virus [Your local reports]
Corona Virus [Your local reports]
How is it in your neck of the woods? No reported cases in our county......yet. Stores seem to be doing okay. A little of this and a little of that is scarce. 

Wife and I had lunch today @ Arby's. It wasn't packed, but it wasn't empty either. People out and about doing what they do best.....being out and about. 

We're going to Walmart tomorrow to stock up on a few things. Don't need no toilet paper or bottled water. I'm a 2% milk fan, so I'll get a few gallon jugs of that. Oh yeah, and some of their M&M chocolate chip cookies too.  Big Grin

Not seeing anyone masking up. So far, most seem to be keeping their wits about them.  like
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Corona Virus
About the same here, just that some schools in the area have shut down for 2 weeks, I guess as a precaution.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PS local grocery has the paper section empty of TP and paper towels.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not only are our schools closed, the governor stated today that they may not reopen for the rest of the school year.

Also today, the governor closed all restaurants and bars in Ohio until further notice. You can still order take out or delivery.

Toilet paper and distilled water are sold out at most stores here. I don't know what's worse, not having TP or distilled water!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Machine Choices
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Mostly business as usual here. An occasional person wearing a mask. Governor passed an emergency order closing all schools for 2 weeks, and prohibiting public gathering of more than 100 people (meaning festivals, conventions, fairs, etc.). Does not include shopping centers, restaurants, stores, etc. Local supermarkets seem to be keeping their supplies up so far.

Using a 13" MacBook Air (2017), MacOS Catalina (10.15.4), OSCAR v1.0.1-r-1
In VMware Fusion (if needed): Win10 1909, Ubuntu 1804 LTS

Download OSCAR
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching images and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR Data Interpretation
Donate to Apnea Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, our governor just today closed all the schools in the state until March 27.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2020, 09:08 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Not only are our schools closed, the governor stated today that they may not reopen for the rest of the school year.

Also today, the governor closed all restaurants and bars in Ohio until further notice.  You can still order take out or delivery.

Toilet paper and distilled water are sold out at most stores here.  I don't know what's worse, not having TP or distilled water!

Umm......I'll take toilet paper for $200 Alex.............. Smile

I (we) can get by w/o distilled water easily enough. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I went to my favorite bar with my daughter and dog. Nice time, and the last time for at least 2-weeks. Why is government determining my risk tolerance?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Illinois schools are closed (as of Tuesday) through the end of the month at least, and perhaps to the end of the school year.

Governor outright banned gatherings over 1,000 and "strongly recommended" that organizations cancel gatherings of over 250 people.

He just ordered all bars & restaurants closed today.

We have a COVID-19 case in the county right next to me (Whiteside County, IL).  Probably won't be long until we have cases confirmed here in Dixon, IL too.

Haven't been grocery shopping lately, but will likely go early this week, so I'm hoping the place isn't too crazy, but I've heard reports of the parking lots being full and people leaving with full carts.  Also have personally seen hand sanitizer, alcohol, bleach, cleaning supplies, TP & a lot of OTC meds are gone (that was when I went to Wally World on Wed).

Word on the street is that the federal government will issue a complete domestic travel ban for the entire nation within the next day or two, starting 48-72 hours after the announcement.   Essentially a "lockdown" similar to what the Chinese did for Hubei province (where city of Wuhan is located).   It would likely ban all non-essential travel, meaning no leaving your property except for short grocery trips, pharmacy trips & trips to medical facilities, and not much else.    If that happens, it would likely mean that all non-essential businesses would have to close their doors as well.

Americans are not at all like Chinese.  We're not very good at obeying such an all-encompassing government decree.  But, this crisis is real, and I'm hoping we can all come together for good of everyone.   People are already politicizing this crisis, which I think is shameful.

Confused
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
Much the same here...

People fighting over toilet paper, large gatherings > 500 people banned, most sports cancelled or playing to empty stadiums, Australian F1 GP cancelled at the last minute, and so it goes. All people entering the country from overseas must undergo 14 days self-quarantine and all cruise ships from overseas have been banned. Schools are still open in WA but with very tight restrictions.

I'd just like to extend my personal thanks to all those fat bastards who bought up dozens of packs of toilet paper so when my 90 year old mother needs some she can't get it. There is far too much selfishness going on here, which is NOT the Australian way!

And why is everybody panicking over toilet paper? This virus doesn't give you the trots. And the stuff is made here in Australia, not imported from China.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Help
How to install OSCAR
How to organise your OSCAR charts

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Grin Ok, it's time for some corona virus funnies... DeepBreathing 15 366 3 hours ago
Last Post: freddyfl209
  The corona virus movies queue thread S.L. Ping Beauty 10 152 3 hours ago
Last Post: freddyfl209
  [Health] CORONAVIRUS & Sleep [Tracking the COVID-19, Wuhan Virus] SuperSleeper 8 715 02-17-2020, 08:10 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Microsoft halts distribution of Windows 10 update amid reports it deletes files Crimson Nape 28 1,898 11-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [News] Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered ApneaNews 3 1,326 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Peter_C
  WARNING VIRUS IN APP DOWNLOAD [Admin: likely not a virus, just lousy programming] worthog 8 4,458 11-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Exclaimation Have you heeded the FBI's Warning? [NOTE FROM ADMIN: VIRUS ALERT JULY 9TH, 2012] PollCat 43 17,512 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.