Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[COVID-19] Corona Virus [Your local reports]
RE: Corona Virus [Your local reports]
2 weeks. I had some help but need to back off.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(04-25-2020, 03:22 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: 2 weeks. I had some help but need to back off.

2 weeks?  SR, are replying to a question here?  Not sure what yer referrin' to, specifically... Thinking-about

I must not be keeping up very well.  Need more coffee, most likely.   Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
Greencastle, PA, USA

Last week, I tried to shop for groceries. I can't wear any of these masks as it restricts breathing further likely based on COPD. Local grocery store requires all to mask up, OK fine "it's the law". So where's the by law alternate shopping method? Non-existent. I did get an online grocery pick up for nearby Waynesboro, PA with my SNAP card initiated after Wally World customer service finishes the transaction. I can get this Thursday. Website wouldn't allow me to complete it on my own, apparently a flaw that may or may not be fixed.

Oh one more thing, Mom had to shop for me as I said that local grocery offers no alternate shopping, so rest assured, I still have the 4 food groups on hand. Cereal, milk, pizza, potato rolls, bologna, juice, gummi bears, Doritos, yogurt, and coffee. That should cover the 4 groups.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2020, 03:09 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Greencastle, PA, USA

Last week, I tried to shop for groceries. I can't wear any of these masks as it restricts breathing further likely based on COPD. Local grocery store requires all to mask up, OK fine "it's the law". So where's the by law alternate shopping method? Non-existent.

Cheesecloth?   Huhsign

Did anybody say you couldn't make your mask out of cheesecloth?   like

No effective difference as compared to the people who wear their mask under their nose.

Shop 'til you drop Dave!  Coffee
RayBee

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(04-25-2020, 03:57 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 03:22 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: 2 weeks. I had some help but need to back off.

2 weeks?  SR, are replying to a question here?  Not sure what yer referrin' to, specifically... Thinking-about

Well, I’ve had some time to think about it, and whatever I was talking about, I was probably right. That is statistically true 95% of the time, but I’d have to graph it logarithmically to compare it.   Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I do have a Huntsman 951P

[Image: EAwatz9.jpg?1]

Uh can someone get me out?
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2020, 05:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 03:57 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:

Well, I’ve had some time to think about it, and whatever I was talking about, I was probably right. That is statistically true 95% of the time, but I’d have to graph it logarithmically to compare it.   Smile

Excellent.  Grin 

I knew my lack of understanding had something to do with me being caffeine-deprived.  Let me know right before you post the chart so I can first chug some 100% Colombian...

Well, never mind, I'll go ahead and chug some joe now just in case you're standing by the keyboard ready to post...   Too-funny

lots-o-coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Can you wear a nylon stocking over your head? If it is good enough for bank robbers as a mask, it should meet the requirements for a mask. You could always put a couple of lemons on the top so you look like a killer bee. Dielaughing Dielaughing Dielaughing 

Sorry, couldn't resist - we need humor even more these days.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Homerec130, will this work?

[Image: qv831R2.png]
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey , I like your mask solutions.
In Australian we have been advised not to bother with them unless working in the medical field.

Here wehave been let off lightly , Worldometer tells me we have had only 3 deaths per1 M people.  Thanks to good governance, not that I agree with all government decision but here they got it mostly right.  Now trying to introduce a smart phone tracking app which locate those who have crossed the path of infected persons. They say they are ensuring no one or agency other than health departments can access this data. Good take up so far.  I hope it works as we cant come out of isolation until  most people have received a vaccination injection. But a vaccine could be 18 months away.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The corona virus movies queue thread S.L. Ping Beauty 13 608 10-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Grin Ok, it's time for some corona virus funnies... DeepBreathing 60 2,366 06-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Health] CORONAVIRUS & Sleep [Tracking the COVID-19, Wuhan Virus] SuperSleeper 8 1,170 02-17-2020, 08:10 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Microsoft halts distribution of Windows 10 update amid reports it deletes files Crimson Nape 28 2,255 11-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [News] Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered ApneaNews 3 1,415 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Peter_C
  WARNING VIRUS IN APP DOWNLOAD [Admin: likely not a virus, just lousy programming] worthog 8 4,572 11-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Exclaimation Have you heeded the FBI's Warning? [NOTE FROM ADMIN: VIRUS ALERT JULY 9TH, 2012] PollCat 43 17,889 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.