Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[COVID-19] Corona Virus [Your local reports]
RE: Corona Virus [Your local reports]
I am seeing some of my friends getting quite a bit odd lately too.

They are saying things like , Covid 19  being caused by 5G towers or foreign powers ( European) about to invade Australia using cruise ships which have surrounded Australia.
I thinks  they have been in isolation too long and just turning over their own demented thoughts.

I am glad most people are relying on science based facts and good governance to get us through his bad patch.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
USA, Washington D.C. area radio WTOP news talk reports as are other news outlets that Maryland stay at home plan is changing to lesser restrictions on Saturday May 15.

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2020/05/mar...te-may-13/

Meanwhile, Pennsylvania has had deaths within nursing home facilities, partially due to PA Secretary of Health, R. Levine, enacting a plan to move COVID-19 positive victims to these nursing homes. And you guessed it, nursing homes where the elderly are found to be more susceptible to the virus. So the plan to put infected people with other people that would probably get the virus did what normal thinking people thought it would. Voila, more sick people. R. Levine told the media it would be a good idea and safe, so safe in fact Levine's mother was moved out of the nursing home as this plan was enacted.

https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/202...evine.html

https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/202...ed-it.html

https://www.newsweek.com/pennsylvania-he...ed-1503853

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/05/nu...onday.html

BTW Tucker Carlson calls out Secretary Levine and Gov. Wolf for poor handling, characterizing the Gov. as "For a slope-shouldered mediocrity like Wolf to have this much power, imagine what a rush that must be. He never wants it to end. Meanwhile, the state is desperate for relief."

I've said it before with those in charge, the mantra is as Rahm Emanuel said "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste".
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's always going to be crooked politicians who take advantage of any emergency or crisis--  whether it's a local crisis or a world-wide pandemic.  That's been their  historical behavior for a long, long time now.  That's why citizens need to hold politicians' feet to the fire.  "Eternal vigilance..." and all that.

That said, their crooked behavior does not automatically mean that a particular crisis is "fabricated" or "not real".  It simply means that they are crooked, and crooked people will do crooked things-- especially in times of confusion, such as we have currently.  It's the nature of human government.   Cool

I've heard many people claim that "because the crooked politicians are using this crisis to their advantage, the pandemic is all a huge hoax" (ie-- a "Plandemic").   Personally, I've seen the Plandemic video, and it's more of a psyop IMHO, with some truths interspersed with a whole bunch of lies, designed to take the viewer to a predetermined conclusion-- that "wearing a mask is actually worse and can cause you to infect yourself".  That video is full of a bunch of insanely ignorant conclusions.

But that doesn't stop people from believing the lies, since a LOT of people have stopped using logic and critical thinking when viewing these types of videos.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2020, 05:43 PM)wesozzzz Wrote: I am seeing some of my friends getting quite a bit odd lately too.

They are saying things like , Covid 19  being caused by 5G towers or foreign powers ( European) about to invade Australia using cruise ships which have surrounded Australia.
I thinks  they have been in isolation too long and just turning over their own demented thoughts.

I am glad most people are relying on science based facts and good governance to get us through his bad patch.

The argument isn't that 5G causes the sickness but that people are getting sick directly from 5G signals.  Not saying I agree with it though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Here's a PennLive report for color code changes in PA,USA counties upcoming.
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/05/da...une-5.html

My county, Franklin, gets to wait until next Friday, May 29th.

Other news, President Trump orders Governors to reopen church services, labeling these as essential to America, even having the CDC label them as such, stating if abortions and alcohol ABC are "essential" so is church.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-a...en-them-up
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our United Methodist Church will not reopen the campus until our Bishop says to. We have a very detailed plan on how to reopen the campus when the time comes. One of the last things to return will be singing as it is being said signing spreads more contagions in general than any other routine activity. Our choir director is also a professor of chorale at the U of AZ and has been through many group meetings with her peers and other directors. One of the epidemiology professors had been working on a study before this all started on singing and spreading contagion. I believe the study is at the peer review stage. With older congregations and those who have medical challenges it simply isn't worth the risk. We still have the restrictions of numbers and social distancing. Our sanctuary holds about 400 and under social distancing guidelines, that number would be reduced to about 60 to keep a 6 foot circle.

We have been doing prerecorded services since we shut down on March 22nd. Our online attendance now is greater than our in church (4 services) attendance plus our streamed service before COVID.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If things go as planned here in Franklin County, PA, US, we are to be listed as "yellow" via directive of Govtator Wolfie this coming Friday. If so, we will begin to attend actual church services for our local congregation.

Of course, Wolfie thinks we really shouldn't fully reopen freely until a vaccine is created. In a few years for that I'd guess. And he also says to recover, everyone deserves an enforced minimum pay increase to between $12-15 per hour. Because businesses have to suffer from the tax loss caused by this ill-advised shutdown. Govtator Wolfie is a certifiable loony toons character.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I rec'd notification of a new reply to this thread an hour or so ago, yet there's nothing new here?
Post Reply Post Reply
It was a Spammer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SPAM discussion (and Eggs, bacon, SPAM and eggs and much more) over in the Way Off Topic thread.   Too-funny Too-funny Too-funny

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll try to behave.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The corona virus movies queue thread S.L. Ping Beauty 13 616 10-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Grin Ok, it's time for some corona virus funnies... DeepBreathing 60 2,376 06-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Health] CORONAVIRUS & Sleep [Tracking the COVID-19, Wuhan Virus] SuperSleeper 8 1,173 02-17-2020, 08:10 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Microsoft halts distribution of Windows 10 update amid reports it deletes files Crimson Nape 28 2,258 11-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [News] Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered ApneaNews 3 1,415 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Peter_C
  WARNING VIRUS IN APP DOWNLOAD [Admin: likely not a virus, just lousy programming] worthog 8 4,573 11-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Exclaimation Have you heeded the FBI's Warning? [NOTE FROM ADMIN: VIRUS ALERT JULY 9TH, 2012] PollCat 43 17,893 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.