Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[COVID-19] Corona Virus [Your local reports]
RE: Corona Virus [Your local reports]
BTW I crossed the border into MD to get fuel for the T-Bird this afternoon. Paid $1.89 per gallon of regular at the Martin's Food fuel station. Then I went into their grocery store. I yi yi they were almost out of everything one may want to buy. Obviously, paper and water were almost non-existent. Most bakery goods and bulk snacks closed/not stocked with signs. Meat counter closed. Some cereals, dairy, frozen pizza, some ice cream, a bit of candy, medicines. This was an all-over less than halfway stocked store!

PS location Maugansville, MD, US
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I guess a DIY person could go old school and build a CPAP similar to the early big vortex motor ones. Looks somewhat like our pool pump motor we had 20 or so years ago.

[Image: RNcaHrd.png]
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We  had our first confirmed case in Terre Haute Indiana today. Not a surprise but sobering. Fortunately for the hospital and medical personnel the patient has a mild case and is self isolating at home. Bars, restaurants (except got takeout food), the library, and gov offices are closed  but I believe all other businesses can operate unless they choose otherwise. I think several gyms have closed but not by government mandate. My daughter in Utah just informed me it's a misdemeanor to have a gathering of more than 10 in Salt Lake County. I wonder how that applies to workplaces.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Gov. Wolf in PA has ordered via his list of life-sustaining vs non-life-sustaining jobs in PA who can stay open and those who he states must close. This order is expected to start this evening or fines will begin this Saturday.

Article here https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/03/al...-wolf.html

it has included a list of job/profession types affected
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(03-19-2020, 12:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have tracked the number of positive Covid 19 cases in PA since March 11 on an Excel spreadsheet.  I thought you might like to see what the increase looks like so far.  That certainly looks like we're on an exponential curve.  I'm watching and hoping for a deflection to the right or downward soon.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=21194]

You can see the chart from yesterday quoted above. We appeared to be on an expodential growth curve for the number of cases in PA.  Today's report of 268 cases is an increase, but look what we have here.  Could this be a change in the trend?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=21214]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A little different scaling on the same chart.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=21215]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
China is claiming that the rate of infection is now falling and that they have passed "peak virus". Maybe true, may be propaganda. The optimist in me hope it's true.

Meanwhile back home in Oz our local pharmacist is selling individual rolls of toilet paper for $3.00 each. It's legal but highly immoral in my point of view.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(03-20-2020, 12:04 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: China is claiming that the rate of infection is now falling and that they have passed  "peak virus". Maybe true, may be propaganda.

Key point in your statement is that they're CLAIMING this.  

Posted this elsewhere, but I don't believe for a second the numbers the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is putting out, especially the numbers for the past couple of days where they said the number of new COVID-19 cases was zero.  Are you kidding me?  NO new cases anywhere in China (population of 1.3 billion people)?-- when the numbers prior to that were at very high levels just a day or two ago?   I don't trust anything the CCP is saying.  They're in damage-control mode now.

I'd say get rid of the Chinese numbers in your chart and start charting the more accurate numbers presented by other countries.  Or at least have two charts (one with the China data and one without) so we can compare the two.

My personal belief is that the fake Chinese numbers are falsely skewing the curve to the flat side.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
A bit odd that if the reports are true, China didn't bother to report Corona Virus issue for at least 3 weeks, presumably to other world leaders. Instead, they decided to punish doctors that were concerned about the virus.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't trust China with the truth any more than I would N. Korea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The corona virus movies queue thread S.L. Ping Beauty 13 603 10-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Grin Ok, it's time for some corona virus funnies... DeepBreathing 60 2,363 06-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Health] CORONAVIRUS & Sleep [Tracking the COVID-19, Wuhan Virus] SuperSleeper 8 1,170 02-17-2020, 08:10 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Microsoft halts distribution of Windows 10 update amid reports it deletes files Crimson Nape 28 2,254 11-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [News] Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered ApneaNews 3 1,411 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Peter_C
  WARNING VIRUS IN APP DOWNLOAD [Admin: likely not a virus, just lousy programming] worthog 8 4,565 11-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Exclaimation Have you heeded the FBI's Warning? [NOTE FROM ADMIN: VIRUS ALERT JULY 9TH, 2012] PollCat 43 17,884 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.