Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

COVID19 - Don't catch it...
COVID19 - Don't catch it...
I had a look through the thread on using adapting CPAP machines as ventilators and made a small (possibly not very helpful) suggestion.
However I'm reminded of a conversation I had a month or so ago with someone who had caught swine flu. His advice "Don't catch it!"
So I thought I'd start a thread on ways not to catch COVID19.
And I'll start with the bleeding obvious. Self isolation. The better we can do it the safer we are.
Hand washing. The more we do it the safer we are. Hand sanitiser or even baby wipes are better than nothing.
Avoid gatherings. All of them.
Any other suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: [COVID19] Don't catch it...
We do inside clothes and outside clothes. As soon as we come home wash hands and face, change clothes, sterilize door knobs, light switches, etc.

On grocery/pharmacy trips keep an eye out for coughers and run.

Some stores make shoppers stand in a designated spot and tell them what they want. I respect them for this. Keeps us all safer.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [COVID19] Don't catch it...
Stay home. Wash your hands often and thoroughly. Soap is better than hand sanitizer. Bleach in a 1 part bleach to 9 parts water is an efficient cleaner. If you must go out do not take reusable bags. If you have glasses wear them. You are much less likely to rub your eyes. Wipe your grocery card handles with wipes. Take your own if the grocery store doesn't provide them.

My husband thinks I'm a germaphobe. You bet I worked in a hospital for 14 years.
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures for everything.
Irish Proverb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using a CPAP mask as a Covid19 mask camper2 2 313 04-29-2020, 12:08 PM
Last Post: camper2
  Covid19 test results greatunclebill 6 439 04-16-2020, 06:37 AM
Last Post: trapdoormoyles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.