Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oddball Large Leak I slept thru - no hidden apneas
Oddball Large Leak I slept thru - no hidden apneas
Interesting - I do not ever (in 2 mo) have leak issues. I use a FFM.

But, last night SH indicated a LL (actually a HL=huge leak) for about 20 minutes. It did not disturb me, Mrs QAL, toto, or the cat.

That just isn't logical. So, I am posting the time period surrounding it.

Observations:
(1) REM sleep indicated from plot start to 23:46.
(2) LL shown at 00:20 thru 00:28. elevated leak rate indicated from 00:10 thru 00:30 (20 minutes) - the pressure was constant and at lowest setting.
(3) resp constant, pulse really uniform and rather high for sleeping, no SpO2 desaturations. that's what indicates to me this is a special event and I know I was not awake
(4) really interesting part - insp time shift uniformly up and exp time went uniformly down. that is a rare occurrence for me. note that in REM period I have insp and exp rate both shifted down.

[attachment=1172]

has anyone else had such an experience, and did it include abduction? he he
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oddball Large Leak I slept thru - no hidden apneas
I've had all kinds of weird stuff like that happen in the last year I've been on CPAP. Once I woke up with the hose around my throat. I suspect my CPAP machine may have gained sentience and is trying to kill me, but I'm not sure. In the meantime, I just ignore them. As long as my AHI and leaks are good from day to day, I'm happy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 11 1 hour ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 853 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.