Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions on CPAP masks & masks scores
Questions on CPAP masks & masks scores
After many tries at getting the Resmed Airfit P10 headgear adjusted (washing headgear in hot water, trying the provided clips and finally tying the two pieces in a big ole knot), I moved  away from the P10 and am trying both the Resmed Airfit N20 and the Resmed Swift FX. Here is where the confusing numbers appear between the two. The Swift FX records a much better mask seal score than the Airfit N20, but the Swift FX  has an actual events per hour (AHI) of double that of the Airfit N20 (N20 = 9.6/hr & FX = 4.4/hour). I thought the better the seal, the better the AHI readings. These figures show just the opposite? Does anyone have ideas on this? Also, the N20 causes almost daily nose congestion to throw in another factor.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions on CPAP masks & masks scores
Are you making sure to switch the mask type on the machine options? Isn't the Swift FX nasal pillows?

The machine needs to know what mask (or what type of mask) in order to get the data right. It could be possible that the difference makes the machine report incorrectly.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2017, 06:00 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Are you making sure to switch the mask type on the machine options? Isn't the Swift FX nasal pillows?

The machine needs to know what mask (or what type of mask) in order to get the data right. It could be possible that the difference makes the machine report incorrectly.

Hi PaulaO2,

Yep, I switch the setting every time I change the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Huh. I know I get different AHI when I use the full face mask vs when I use the pillows. After a few days/week or so, it evens out.

How often are you switching between the two? Maybe pick one and wear it for a while to see if the AHI lowers.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2017, 08:16 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Huh. I know I get different AHI when I use the full face mask vs when I use the pillows. After a few days/week or so, it evens out.

How often are you switching between the two? Maybe pick one and wear it for a while to see if the AHI lowers.

I initially used a two - three week periods for each mask and the figures remained fairly consistent throughout the testing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.