Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] 5 weeks of CPAP - need help please ,to review results so far
5 weeks of CPAP - need help please ,to review results so far
I have been using my Dreamstation Auto cpap with humidifier for about 5 weeks now , sleep test showed AHI 45 and a SpO2 low of 80% 

I have tried various dreamware masks , started with full face , then wisp nasal , then nasal pillows - cant really decide which is best but i definitely prefer nasal for comfort.

Struggle with sleeping on side as its uncomfortable and sometimes starts the mask leaking which wakes me up 

Cant seem to get a consistant low AHI ? can anyone spot something obvious from these reports please 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 weeks of CPAP - need help please ,to review results so far
Welcome to Apnea Board Goony! You are in good company here with many oher members that share your problem with positional obstructive apnea, or simply put, "chin tucking". You and numerous clusters of obstructive apnea and hypopnea which practically shout that the problem is chin tuck. The good news is, it's really easy to fix, and the soft cervical collar we recommend for this will also resolve your mask leaks. While wearing a collar sounds pretty bad, in practice most people that need it, find the solution pretty comfortable, especially since it resolves the problems and will let you sleep better. This problem is so common, we have written a couple wikis on it.

Positional Apnea http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy
Soft Cervical Collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

I'm sure you will hear some stories from other members that share this problem. Take a look at teh wikis and look at the charts of other members, and I'm sure you will see the "before" charts look a lot like yours, while the "after" charts are what you have to look forward to.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot sleeprider , have ordered one and will monitor the results
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used a soft cervical collar for almost two years. As Sleeprider said, not only did it reduce my obstructive events but also eliminated a mask leak problem. I find it quite comfortable and hardly notice it. The information in the link he provided and the link below provides information on fit, adjustment, and benefits.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 134 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,510 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.