Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] A couple C-S events
Question 
A couple C-S events
Hello all, just had a couple blips last night looking like Cheyne-Stokes. Anything to be concerned about?

Yes, I know it's a DS (it will be replaced next week), and yes I know the starting pressure is 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A couple C-S events
if the green area is periodic breathing, it isn't punctuated by ca events that would indicate possible csr. if the pink area is variable breathing, you have the ca but not the sinusoidal waveform that would indicate possible csr.

I'm not an expert & I don't know much about pr machines, but imo, fwiw, that's not csr.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with sheepless. The episode is brief, isn't punctuated by CAs, and doesn't have the right shape. You clearly woke up a little before 2:33, and you may well have been awake the whole time until your breathing settled down about 5 minutes later.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO without question this is not CSR. Keep an eye on it and if episodes are longer we need to review them again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,326 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 219 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 194 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 214 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 113 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 59 1,301 04-01-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 154 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.