Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP AHI
CPAP AHI

I have been using the Phillips Respironics dreamstation for the last 4 years and using the dreamstation app to check my sleep patterns.  According to this app my AHI ranges from 2.0 to aa high as 12, with the average probably around 4.0.  Since this cpap is being recalled I started using my old Resmed S9 escape using the same pressure setting of my dreamstation.  There is no app for this machine so I downloaded Oscar and still trying to figure it out.  My AHI has no reading since I started using it.  I'm sure there is something I did wrong but would you please help me?  I am adding some screenshots to show you what my readings are.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP AHI
As noted in the picture, the S9 Escape has been christened a "BRICK" - because it does not report anything beyond the hours of use. The current AirSense 10 and 11 models is the "CPAP". None of these provide enough information to OSCAR to be useful.

Your Best upgrade (if possible) is to the ResMed AirSense 10 (or 11) AutoSet or AutoSet for Her. These can be set up as either CPAP or APAP machines.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2021, 07:55 AM)pholynyk Wrote: As noted in the picture, the S9 Escape has been christened a "BRICK" - because it does not report anything beyond the hours of use. The current AirSense 10 and 11 models is the "CPAP". None of these provide enough information to OSCAR to be useful.

Your Best upgrade (if possible) is to the ResMed AirSense 10 (or 11) AutoSet or AutoSet for Her. These can be set up as either CPAP or APAP machines.

That’s what I thought.  Am just waiting on my new machine from Phillips whenever they get around to replacing the bad ones. Thank you again
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I hope your new machine isn't a DS2, or they don't get around to shipping it until after the OSCAR team learns how to decrypt the data stored on the SD card.

Right now the DS2 is "Not Fit For Purpose" for anybody who monitors their own sleep data.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.