Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AHI Creeping Up
RE: AHI Creeping Up
Elite is fixed pressure only.
I agree that looks like OA
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So today's news is puzzling. I am using the nasal pillow, and took it off mid sleep for an hour, then put it back on for the remainder of the night.

The pressure is now 7. Because my problem appears to be CA more than Obstructive, I have lowered the pressure (thinking that there is a correlation between higher pressure and more CA).

Not certain why CAs have bounced up. Thoughts?

http://imgur.com/a/Z7ESY
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok...here is the latest...kind of an evenly balanced obstructive, CA and other....totally around 5 AHI...issue continues to be the enormous leaks...I am using the nasal pillow (mask was worse). I jam the nasal pillows into the nostrils...tightening it as much as I can stand...maybe my nostrils are structurally weird...I know I have abit of a deviated septum...

So, is it the nasal pillow device that is structurally messed (resmed swift fx) or is it me....

I'm thinking of buying a nasal mask, and giving that a whirl...

Here are the results from last night

http://imgur.com/a/i19jG
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that trying a nasal mask would be a good idea.  The Resmed N20 is reputed to be very good.  

As to your sleep numbers, hopefully Sleeprider can help with that.  I'm at a bit of a loss on what to suggest since I don't know your machine at all.  But you should be able to achieve better numbers than that I would think.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cadogan, if you want a comment on the leaks, you are going to need to include the leak graphic on your chart. The flow line suggest an oral exhale rather than a mask leak, but again, getting in closer would help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can make the individual graphs narrower by moving the lines Cadogan and move the leak graph up higher in order if you need to  See the link in my signature (as well as in Sleeprider's) on how to organize Sleepyhead to show optimal data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2017, 09:06 AM)Marillion Wrote: I'm at a bit of a loss on what to suggest since I don't know your machine at all. 

I think there was a typo - a "(" instead of a 9.
So the machine is an S9

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] AHI is creeping back up after addressing flow limitations Andeee 4 388 01-25-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Pressure creeping up test49 1 414 10-26-2022, 03:30 AM
Last Post: multicast
  My AHI's have been creeping up. Big Guy 7 1,369 02-16-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
Surprised [Treatment] Clear Airway Episodes Creeping Up Sheepish 13 3,321 03-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Ron AKA
  AHI creeping up lately mattmill 1 1,165 09-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Big leaks creeping in ppca 7 1,781 05-18-2017, 12:10 AM
Last Post: ppca
  AHI creeping up TyroneShoes 14 4,193 09-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.