Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AHI display observations.
Cool 
AHI display observations.
Recently my AHI has dropped to 0..zero..zilch..zippo on many occasions. Too good to believe! so I decided to make a table of readings from the CPAP Machine, SleepyHead and EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0.
The results are interesting...
1. There appears to be a DATE OFFSET of one day. I understand why.
2. If the AHI indicated on the machine LSD Info Screen is Zero, then SleepyHead and EncoreBasic show readings form 0.00 to 0.99.
3. Once the AHI is above 1.0 as indicated, there is acceptable correlation of the readings.
4. The readings from the software vary only due to rounding.
5. This tends to indicate that there is a threshold below which the machine does not indicate AHI whilst the Data is in the Machine and on the SD. I have kept a "Sleep Log" of indicated AHI and %PB for over twelve months and all entries showing zero AHI appear to satisfy this observation.
This may be of interest to others who have reported 0 AHI.
Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI display observations.
your point #2 seems to indicate truncation, not rounding.
Rounding would give 1 for AHI greater than or equal to 0.50
Truncation takes even 0.99 and says Zero!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually if one truncated 0.99 to a whole number it would be 0. If one rounded it to the nearest whole number it would be 1.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2014, 07:54 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Actually if one truncated 0.99 to a whole number it would be 0. If one rounded it to the nearest whole number it would be 1.

That's what I was trying to say... I wrote FORTRAN for early IBM 360's and truncation was always something I had to be aware of.
(Before that I wrote FORTRAN for the IBM 1620 which used BCD arithmetic without a fixed word length.)

From what I gather from the OP, his Phillips machine truncates to integers for the machine display. I think ResMed truncates to tenths. (i.e. -- 0.99 would display as 0.9 on a ResMed.)

Wow, it's hot here, what's it like in the OC?

edited for typos -- my fingers are not coordinated today.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
How does 101 degrees F strike you. Way too darned hot and me with no air conditioning!! Oh well, sweat on.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Diagnosis] Request observations on readings/Leaks Bob Cali 11 1,089 07-29-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali
  Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic? billy2606 3 496 01-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  [OXIMETER] Preliminary results/observations withtao 7 726 12-03-2022, 10:28 AM
Last Post: withtao
  ResMed AirCurve 10 Doesn't Display Sleep Data clearairways 3 574 11-07-2022, 02:27 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Oscar 1.4.0 = DS2 Flow Rate waveform missing in Graphs display a21900 3 726 09-26-2022, 07:21 PM
Last Post: a21900
  Does the Vauto display RERA? SevereApnea 11 2,002 01-06-2021, 07:17 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.