Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AHI getting worse not better
AHI getting worse not better
Hi. Newbie here. 

I got empowered and changed my settings to try and get better results and my results got way worse. 

1.  Started with ramp up of 6 to max of 9. Had AHI around 15. Bad aerophagia 
2.  Changed to c-flex with a 2 in hopes of reducing aerophagia.  AHI went up to like 25. Stopped using the ramp as it seemed pointless.
3.  Tried a soft cervical collar and AHI went up to 38.

Not even sure what to do now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI getting worse not better
Start by posting your Daily OSCAR charts.  They will tell us what is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
First time posting my Oscar report. Hope I am doing it right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My AHI is still way too high and I am having difficulty with swallowing air.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you happen to have a detailed copy of the sleep study? I'd suggest posting it in full and redacted of personal info if available. If it's not available, you should get a copy. I'm interested in seeing what events took place, like Central Apnea (CA or CSA) counts on the study. This helps us define all those purple color flagged Clear Airway events. OSCAR and your machine call this clear airway, but it most likely is central apnea it's detecting/reporting. The sleep study helps decipher an aspect of CA, whether or not they're treatment emergent, which in turn tells us how we can help you address and manage the CA.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a fixed pressure of 9.0, your events are mostly central or clear apnea with some hypopnea. There is also a fair amount of periodic breathing. All of this points to a history of central or complex apnea, so it would help a lot to see what was in the diagnostic sleep report to know if this was treatment emergent, or if you have central apnea as a pre-existing condition to CPAP therapy. Also, what is your FLEX setting?

Since you are suffering with aerophagia, you should lower your pressure to 6.0. There is no obstructive apnea to be concerned with at this point, but we may be looking at other more significant changes to your therapy to address the central apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
try Turning off flex but I think you need a different machine you need to go back to your dr this machine is not working for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 215 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 179 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 322 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,983 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.