Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AHI gone bad again, pls help :(
AHI gone bad again, pls help :(
Hi.

I have had my AHI in control between 2-4 levels for a while, please see attached the screenshot with AHI of 3.5 and ending in "_good". I have been using fixed CPAP pressure of 9.5 and it had been going well.

But then i travelled for a couple weeks and during both the travel and since i have come back my AHI has increased to 6-9 and I have been feeling horrible in the morning. I have kept the pressure setting the same but even tried to increase it to 10 pressure once. I have included 3 screenshots herein all ending with "_bad". 

Would be really thankful for your advice on this as I have not been feeling well. Should I increase the constant pressure to even higher or should go to Auto-Pap? My flex is off.

Thank you very much!
PPk8
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI gone bad again, pls help :(
It's interesting that lower pressure seemed to work better than higher pressure in terms of overall AHI. Events are mainly obstructive, but at only 0.5 higher pressure, your CAI doubles. We are working with only one sample at 10 cm Fixed vs 3 at 9.5 so you may want to see if that trend continues before making any conclusions.

If we could take a close-up look at the flow rate wave form (2-minute view), that might give us some more clues. Your inspiration time is again longer than expiration, so something is irregular there, although that is not new.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it were me, I would put the machine in Auto, set minimum at 9.5 and maximum at 20 to see where the machine wants to take you for pressure. Then you could decide what pressure is necessary, and go back to CPAP mode or leave it in Auto with tighter limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Sleeprider.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All.

Thank you for your help so far. I have been trying the Auto-CPAP with pressure range of 9.5-11.5. The AHI has constantly ranged in terms of 7-9. Unfortunately there was an issue with my data card so i was not able to recover a few past ones. But I do have a snapshot from last night which is quite representative of what has been happening. It seems my CA events are again moving higher - this seems to be common whenever I put a higher pressure range. What would be your recommendations? 

Thank you again for your help, it is much appreciated!

Regards,
Pranav
Post Reply Post Reply
hi all - any advice or help?

thank you!
pk
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.